We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your opinion needed !

skala
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
your opinion needed !

Never been to Lindos,but since reading this forum and looking at all the photos that have been sent in i know i would love it.

the problem i have i that i am taking my mum away next may and i know she would love linos too the problem is she is a very healthy 82 years young and although very fit and active will lindos just be to hilly,i thought we would stay in the village to save on walking and the daytime would be spent mostly on the beach,but i know she would love to walk around all the shops at night and sit with a drink and people watch.i want her to have a lovely holiday but do you think lindos would be to much of a hike!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
979 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: your opinion needed !

Nah

Lindos is all little offshoots and nooks and crannies to explore but its not actually that big so you can get anywhere pretty easily. Even staying up on Krana making use of the free bus up and down is a piece of cake. Some nice accomodation in the village but most of its pretty basic and none have a pool so be prepared for that and you will be fine

Im sure there are more elderly and infirm than your mum who go regularly to Lindos and have no problem at all

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: your opinion needed !

There are only 2 'problem' areas really the the walk up the slope from Pallas Beach and the hill between the village and Krana. If she's fit and healthy there shouldn't be a problem and there are ways round that would make it easier anyway. As Pablo says If you stay in Krana there is the shuttle bus and the opton of a taxi costing 4-5 euros, the walk to the Main beach is not as steep and you can get to Pallas beach from there over a rocky path. It is a bit slippery and uneven so, as always in LIndos, sensible footwear is the way (for anyone) I think the biggest concern is the heat so the time of the year maybe is the thing to consider carefully. Mid June to Mid September temperatures can easily reach the high 30's and the village can feel quite airless. I'm sure if you like what you have seen in photo's you will love it!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,720 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: your opinion needed !

Staying in the village could be your best option but do pick carefully, although the centre of the village is fairly flat some studios can involve a good hill or several steps. Other than that if she's a healthy 82 I can't see any major problems, I know an old lady that was approaching the big 100 and still holidayed in Lindos every May!

The only major hill climb would be returning to the village from the beach or the climb to Krana should you choose to stay there. That said you can get the free bus during the day or a taxi between the main beach, village and Krana. May is a great time to visit, warm but nowhere near the opressive heat of high summer - I'm sure you and your Mum would love it :0)

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: your opinion needed !

If you want to explore and shop and eat in Lindos the stay in the village itself. Staying on Krana would mean quite a hike 2 or 3 times a day.

As its been already said choose accommodation carefully though as many are up at the top of the village and with lots of steps and steep inclines. If you are looking at package holidays, Sun Studios with Olympic and Tota with Thomas Cook are your best options. Independently you have lots to choose from.

Again as said the Main beach is your best bet as you can get the free shuttle bus from the main square.

I'm sure you will both love Lindos.

Babs

Preston Lancs
Level Contributor
188 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: your opinion needed !

The free bus (if you stay up Krana) will take you down Krana Hill then down to big beach You can then catch it back from big beach to the square and then back up Krana.

If you are staying in the village just get the bus from the square down to the beach and back again.

The bus doesnt go down to the beach every time but if you check at the kiosk they will let you know

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: your opinion needed !

Hey

Yep, the shuttle bus comes down to the main beach every so often, very loosely speaking every hour. It comes down and turns around near to Nefeli Beach Bar and Palestra Taverna and takes u back up to the main square in the village.

Failing that, if u prefer to come up at yr own leisure, or if like me u like to stay on the beach late and have a sun downer/meal in a beach taverna, u can ask the taverna owner to call you a taxi and for 4/5 Euros it will take u up to the main square. The taxis will come down the main beach road and stop by Nefeli/Palestra beach tavernas to pick u up. So if u stay late on the beach for drinks/food at the likes of Dolphin/Panos/Skala, u would have to walk along to Nefeli/Palestra to get picked up.

As u can see, loads of options.

Enjoy

Mart

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: your opinion needed !

Just bare in mind that some areas in the village can be quite slippery (polished stones) and a few trips hazards etc. That warning goes for anyone of any age, but obviously the more elderly visitors are probably going to be more prone to injury if the worst happens.

8. Re: your opinion needed !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2012, 05:18