We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos supermarkets.

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos supermarkets.

My wife and I have been to lindos on numerous occasions over the years and have always stayed in apartments or hotels, This time though we have rented a villa for 2 weeks.

Obviously having stayed near the centre of lindos we have always used the fabulous restaurants to eat in but this time we will want to do a lot of cooking at the villa and wondered if there were any cheap supermarktes around lindos/pefkos area?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Hi,

There is a large supermarket between Lindos and Kalathos. If you travel from Lindos towards Rhodes you will see a left hand turn for Lardos. The supermarket is at this junction. They sell most things you will need including fresh fruit/veg, a deli and fresh meat counter. Food etc is not particularly cheap in any of the supermarkets or mini markets. In Lardos village there are 2 butchers and a fishmonger. Just down the road from the supermarket is Kalathos where there is the Pefkos Bakery shop. They sell fresh bread and gorgeous cakes!

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Dave

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

We're self-catering for a week in a James villa in St Nicolas Bay. If we do a 'big shop' on our arrival where would be best choice, ie cheapest & good variety, maybe even local produce? As we've a car is it worth driving to the Carrefour?

Is this the bakery you're saying is gorgeous daiboy?

www.pefkosexclusive.co.uk/bakerypefkos.htm

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Always buy Greek brands as UK brands can be more expensive than here. And I think Greek brands of most things are just as nice if not nicer with some items, especially dairy products. The only thing I haven't liked are Greek cornflakes lol.

Fresh produce, fruit, veg, meat etc will more than likely be local. Some quaffable local (Rodos) wines available too lol.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Thanks. Wasn't going to buy UK stuff but wondered if the prices and choices at the Carrefour was worth the drive as opposed to the supermarket the OP is talking about, btw could you tell me it's name please.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Your nearest Carrefour is an express in Kiotari.

Otherwise Carrefour are on the outskirts of Rhodes Town

We do our monthly shop at the big supermarket in Afandou on the main Rhodes Town / Lindos road

You cant miss it, look for the flags outside

We have tried all the big supermarkets , Carrefour, Lidl etc & find it the cheapest

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Thanks Trevor, we've spent all our dosh on paying for the holiday so have to economise as much as possible with food & drink.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

What time do supermarkets in centre of Lindos open and close? Arrive in resort next Wednesday hopefully by about 11pm or just after, anything open then?

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Hi,

Yes the Pefkos bakery in Pefkos is the main bakery and they supply the shop in Kalathos. As you drive toward Pefkos you'll see a large taverna on the left called Tsambikos I think. It's at the top of a steep hill. The bakery is next door. I would still be inclined to use the supermarket in between Lindos and Kalathos as Afandou is a good drive. As I said originallt there are also 2 butchers and a Fishmongers in Lardos which is about a 10 minute drive from where you're staying

Edited: 29 August 2012, 13:16
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Thanks daiboy. As we're both vegetarians we're looking for the best selection of fruit & veg, plus other cooking commodities, at a 'reasonable' price. But the info re butchers & fishmonger is useful for others. :)

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos supermarkets.

Hi,

No problem. You'll get fruit and veg in the supermarket. You'll also get them at the small Flora supermarket at Krana above Lindos.

Cheers from Semington!