We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

nr brighouse
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

hi - my husband and I visited lindos a few years ago and had a lovely time. we have since taken my son to rhodes but stopped in pefkos as we were not sure we would be able to afford lindos anymore.

we are now a family of four (planning next year to save up and get free child place!!!)

we will have a 9 year old and 2 year old, thinking of the lambis which has good reviews but we are worried the cost of eating out will be too expensive.

we normally have 2 drinks each max and a main meal.

please could anybody give a rough idea - most reviews seem to say its very expenisve. year before last in kefalonia we were paying around 35-40 euro for 3 of us.

thanks very much

Ktima Lindos
££ - £££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Ambrosia Restaurant
££££, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

Pople say Lindos is expensive

Here is a novel idea

Dont eat there

Go instead to the outlying villages & taste the real Greece for less money

We had a meal for four last week in Dhimylia

Starters , main course & drinks for 43 €

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

I can't tell you how expensive it is for a family as I never travel with children, however I'm pretty sure it'll be a good bit less as children's meals are cheaper and there's only going to be two of you drinking. To give you an idea and adult meal with 2 courses and wine was costing an average of about 15€ a head last year. Some places more, some places less, as anywhere Lindos is as expensive as you choose to make it.

There are some great restaurants in Lindos and it's in Greece, so you can still taste 'the real Greece' without leaving the village if you wish.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

I've always found eating in lindos to be very reasonable, there is something to suit all tastes and budgets, and it is very Greek and very real. If you venture out of lindos I'm sure you will enjoy the Greek hospitality there equally. But beware of very disagreeable elderly know-it-alls clutching Carrefour bags full of beans. They are known to frequent the interior of the island. You have been warned.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

We have been to Lindos and Pefkos, it is cheaper in general in Pefkos, if you stay in Lindos and have no transport then you may as well just shop around, there are lots of great places to eatand am sure you will find places that suit your taste and pocket.

Hope you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

Hi Lucy

The Lambis studios are an ideal choice for you and your young family, we have stayed there for the last 3 years aug/sept. time and really enjoyed ourselves and will be back to the Lambis in september !

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

Hi Lucy. We're in Lindos for our sons wedding in September. (Staying in the village). We stayed in Pefkos in 2010 and visited Lindos numerous times during our visit. We didn't find the tavernas that we tried much more expensive than Pefkos, but of course there are some which are. We always jumped on the bus to Lindos, (which only takes a few minutes), so it you fancy a change, you could always visit Pefkos as there are some lovely traditional tavernas there. We will be visiting there again to see what changes have taken place in two years.

Cheers

Denise.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Pefkos
Pefkos
Rhodes, Greece
nr brighouse
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

thanks very much all for your replies

i think we will be booking the lambis soon as we can!

Luce

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

We have gone to Lindos for the last 3 yrs (family of 4, 2 girls 11 and 6) and havent found food over expensive. In the main Roof Top restaurants the price varied between 40 - 50 euros. We tended to alternate between 1 evening to a nice restaurant an the next evening more snackie (crepe etc).

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

Hi Lucy, Don't know what time of year you are planning your holiday at the lambis but these studios get booked up very quickly by returning visitors.we booked them at the begining of jan. with thomsons and were told that there were only 2 rooms left for the time we wanted, which was the first 2 weeks in september ?

bdfaefife
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of eating out for family of four in lindos??

Hi we have been to Lindos each summer for the last 4 years as a family of 4 although our kids are teenagers. We spend on average €200 per day which covers breakfast at Billys, snacks throughout the day on the beach including a wee afternoon beverage and then our evening meal is about €80. This then includes one or two more beverages at the Captains House Bar each evening and a crepe on the way home!! We are travelling back again this summer but will be one down as oldest doesn't want to come any more and after speaking to the locals about the VAT increase they were expecting, we think we will be the same again this year and it is certainly what we will be budgeting for. Enjoy Lindos and remember you can make it as expensive or as cheap as you want depending on where you eat.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece