We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Offhand, I can't think of anywhere I haven't been in Lindos, but have sadly not spent enough time in the Captains House, The Lindian House or Manolis in recent years. Or indeed anywhere on Pallas Beach in the evening.

I'm hoping to rectify that this year.

Where in Lindos have you decided to either visit for the first time ... or resolve to spend more time in than usual this year?

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
703 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hi,

Captains House years ago was a delight.

I also spent many a night in the Lindian House in the early nineties.

Last year I also stayed on the beach and went to Skala to have a meal and watch the sun go down- it was excellent!- I did this as a result of posts on this site- go for it and you wont regret it.

Place I have never been?

Alex's, Lolos, Marios (why go there for the Pukka pies when Maria's is next door?), Kolossos Bar (don't know why we have not been in?)

This year we have rented a villa up in Krana- fancy visiting the butchers and having a few barbeques.

Also visits to Marias, Broccolino, Arhontiko, Mavrikos, Acropolis, To Kamariko , Gelo Bleu (yummy) and the crepe place for the kids.

A few years ago we had a magical meal in Timi's place- never been back, so must try this year!

also need to get down to seven springs and Tsampika beach again!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Don't forget papageorge on Pallas for night food.good food plenty of Craic and the lovely Larisa to add a dash of fun.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Its been many years since I was in Lindos (to be rectified in May) but I spent many hours in the Lindian House, Apollon Bar, Lindos by Night and The Courtyard Bar. There must be many new bars arisen since then so I plan of visiting as many as possible as well as my old favourites! Im sure some of my new TA firends on here can point me and my friend in the right direction!

Linda

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hey

I think I will venture over to Pallas Beach more regularly and not just to Georgios for a lunch time Mythos. Same goes for St Paul's Bay!

Of an evening, I will endeavour to get past 404 more often and generally away from the 'main drag'.

Best laid plans!

Mart

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hey Mart.

You got the essence of the post.

I was asking TA friends ... where have YOU so far neglected to visit (but know you should) ... or (shamefully) not spent enough time in due to your usual routine. A sort of mea culpa lol

I wasn't asking for places to visit.

Are you heading back over 23 May - 30 May or 19 Sept - 3 October? If so, see you then.

Danny

Edited: 29 January 2012, 11:18
kent
Level Contributor
71 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hi Radancer

I can see we are geting in the Lindos mood for 2012.

The places I always promise myself I will visit and never quite get that far are,

Ambrosia, Captians House, Maria's, Skala, Lindos by night, The village bakery (I deserve a big hunk of cake for sticking to my pre-Lindos diet)

No idea why I have never been to thesse places but all this will change in May and August.

I am also planning a trip to Lardos as I have never been there. No idea why, just lazy I guess.

I think the trouble is we get to know the people in bars and restaurants and tend to stick with what we know will be good.

I will of course always return to The Courtyard Bar, The Mythos Resturant, Billys Bar and Dimitris IMHO the best places in the world

Sheena x

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hey Danny

Yeah, its easy to get stuck into a comfortable routine!

I'm out there from 9 to 30 May so I will c ya there at some point and hopefully we can sneak a bevvy or two. Looks like quite a crowd from the Lindos forum will b out there at that time.

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Hi Danny,

As you suggest it is very easy to get into a rut as I found out last year. I had a good go at visiting as many bars in Lindos as I could instead of arriving at Giorgos at midday and sitting there for the afternoon! I will be going back to Captains House as they were so welcoming and really friendly. I must try and make a couple of visits to Rainbird bar and go and see Billy and his Wife. Be going back to see Rob in 404. Most important is that I must attempt to get down to Pallas Beach but this depends on my legs holdoing up! I'm ok getting down there but it's the return that may be the problem. I suppose I could always take a tent with me and set up an Occupy Camp on the beach unless Mart fancies giving me a piggy back up the hill!. Really looking forward to my 2 weeks at Blue Sky as I've finally realised that staying in Kalathos is to remote especially after last years Taxi strikes!

Sheena - If you go to Lindos try Bojangles for lunch as it's good. Also there's a small bar in the square called Tsambikos. You'll have a super welcome although it doesn't look much. If you're there late afternoon Jim at Dreams Bar does happy hour from 4.30 till 8 - really cheap. Bus stop opposite and the last one to Lindos in 7.30!

Cheers all and hope to see you in May

Dave

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Mart, Dave et all,

My routine, which I determine to change every visit... lol ... seems to be a stroll around Georgios, Main Beach, Pallas Beach and Rainbird during the day. Not a beach person per se, so the beach part tends to be visits to Dolphin, Georgios 2 etc lol

Night time, depending on which end of the village I'm staying, is Courtyard, Yiannis, Soctrates, Kolossos ... then Socrates, Courtyard lol For St Paul's Bay end stays ... just reverse the order.

I'm in Philipos in May but up Blue Sky Apts again in September.

I'm DETERMINED to get out of the routine ... but so many nice, fun people in those places I might miss. Sigh

60 Working Days and counting!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Year (Holiday) Resolutions

Actually Danny my New Years (Holiday) Resolution was to visit Lindos again and I will have resolved that come May! So never mind the bars, its the town!

L