We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lardos worth the Journey?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lardos worth the Journey?

Can anyone tell me whether the greek night in Lardos Sqare worth going to, also might go into Pefcos can anyone recommend any resturants or bars with plenty of amosphere,oh with good food of course!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Hi there

I haven't been to the Greek night in Lardos but the village is well worth a visit anyway for it's amazing church, campanile and courtyard, and the old Italian fountain in the square. There are plenty of restaurants around the square in Lardos, we've eaten at a few of them and they were all fine.

Pefkos has a wide choice of bars and restaurants, everyone has their favorites but ours are Anixis and Georges for food, and Jimmy's Bar for a few beers. For lighter meals or snacks, or just a beer, Jasmine Bar on the main street is pretty good too.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Greek night in Lardos Square? Not sure where you got that from but there's no regular Greek night in Lardos Square, it happens every now and then when there's a festival and the likes.

The only Greek nights as in the kind of party night with food, dancing, live music, etc. you seem to be looking for are held in a couple of the bigger hotels above Lindos, such as Lindos View or an organised excursion booked through one of the agencies in the village.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

I believe Last year there was a Greek night in Lardos square on the 2nd friday of the month from May to september

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Hey

Trev: Do I remember u mentioning a BBQ night in Lardos, it was last year sometime on a Skala thread or during a discussion which mentioned the weekly Skala bbq nights. I can't remember if u mentioned the Lardos bbq was a regular thing or only every now n again??

Mart

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Hopefully they will have one when we are there, but it seems like it would be worth a visit anyway. Thanks GB for your suggestions regarding resturants!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Hi again

Here are some shots of Lardos showing the church and the fountain

flickr.com/photos/…

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

It's worth the journey for a change of scene and to be honest, It's that much cheaper in Lardos you don't even notice the added taxi fare on your night (10-12€ as I remember).

I'd always recommend Roula's for dinner, great food and a wonderfully friendly family.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Thanks Marcus will def go to Lardos this time,it was a place i considered staying last year but judging by TA comments,seemed that there would not be enough to do for two weeks! Also could you tell me if the bus actually goes to Lardos could then just get a taxi back after the cocktails! Yammas!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

Loving the pics GB, makes me want to be there now though!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,618 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lardos worth the Journey?

You can get a bus Jackie but the last one is fairly early as I remember so I've always driven or jumped in a taxi.