We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rocks and prices

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
rocks and prices

hi we are going back to lindos in june was just wondering if prices have changed much since 2009 and is it right they have put rocks and boulders in sea on the main beach

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rocks and prices

Has somebody been pulling your leg?

There have always been rocks and boulders in the sea on the main beach, it's something to do with geology, waves and erosion.

The rocks and boulders have not changed in all the years that i have been visiting Lindos...... apart from some erosion of course... but i am quite old, so that's a fair amount of erosion, lol.....

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rocks and prices

Hey

As Kathryn said, nothing has changed, there are parts of the main beach which have a thin band of bedded in flat rocks They have always been there since I first stayed there 23/24 years ago. But they are few n far between. The beauty of the main beach n Pallas Beach is the ability to walk out for a long way on soft sand at waist height. In my opinion, the main beach has got better since the water activities moved over to the main jetty by Pallas Beach and then confined to the outer areas of the bay.

Re prices, no significant differences in prices, just the significant difference n the Euro/Pound exchange which affects spending power.

Mart

Edited: 11 April 2012, 18:37
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: rocks and prices

Could dmb be referring to the far left handside of the main beach by the old jetty perhaps ? Maybe they have put boulders there in an effort to reinstate the jetty and make it more stable and less susceptible to storm damage ??

Just a thought. Can't think why else you'd need to put boulders on a lovely sandy beach !

Edited: 11 April 2012, 18:47
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rocks and prices

Hey

Xeno, nice thought but no, that small area has always been full of boulders and the ever present anchor :-)

Mart

Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rocks and prices

The left hand side of the main beach has always been a little 'rocky' They have certainly not been put there, or on any other part of the bay. Don't think the watersports had anything to do with it???

The jetty has been declared 'unsafe' and apparently the iron will be removed completely very soon. Unfortunately there are no immediate plans to re-build the jetty at the moment. Such a shame ;o(

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rocks and prices

Hey

Mel, I agree its such a shame that the jetty is gone. Although separated now, me n the Mrs had some fantastic photos taken on the end of the jetty after your husband dropped the wedding party off by Palestra.

Mel, I mentioned the watersports, not because of the rocks, but the quality of the water has improved since they have gone in general around the main beach area as the thread is generally about the main beach.

Mart

Edited: 13 April 2012, 18:07
Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rocks and prices

Yes you are probably right Mart.

People were always swimming across the buoyed off area, which was a nightmare. The Main Beach is losing so much business now, because none of the day trip boats can come in there anymore. Yannis went around all the businesses there for them to club together to fix the pier themselves. Unfortunately nothing came of it. Shame :(

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rocks and prices

Hey Mel

Its quite clear to see that Palestra taverna has been hit hard by the closure/ of the jetty. Many customers would head there whilst waiting for the GB Boat trips or day trip boats. Having said that, Palestra has never been the same since Mina, Antonio n Yannis n co left, me n the family loved those guys.

Its a shame because the jetty was a lovely feature and it would b good if a compromise could b reached to rebuild it, with limits on traffic to preserve the quality of the water in that area. I use to enjoy wandering down the end of the jetty towards the end of the day to sit n chill with a beer.

Hope the season goes well for ya both.

Mart

Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rocks and prices

Yes, so many lovely places to sit and 'chill' with a beer in Lindos, and the pier was one of them. Have many happy memories of walking along there, to the watersports when my boy's were babies, or even previous years, leading up to that. Hey ho, everything changes.

Good season, for everyone

M

10. Re: rocks and prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:43
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations