We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music in the bars

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Music in the bars

Hi All

We have just booked for two weeks at the end of July.

Love my music into Chill-Out, Reggae, Funk, Soul, Jazz, Blues all the good stuff!!! (IMO)

Just wondering what bars would suit my taste?

Cheers

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music in the bars

Chill out then Captain's House is ideal, great chill out music and atmosphere in there. They occasionally play jazz/soul/funk in Ikon and Antika though at other times it's very much the popular stuff you hear churning out of every other bar. Blues you might hear a little of in Socrates alongside some older rock tunes. For reggae you're lost I'm afraid, there used to be Karma bar but that closed down over a year ago.

If you have any particular favourites though don't be afraid to ask. If there's a certain song you like and they don't have it, many places will download the track there and then... providing it suits the rest of their clientele of course ;D

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music in the bars

Hi marcuschap72

Thanks for that, love most types of music really, Captains House will be getting a visit!!

Love Greek music Sokratis Malamas being my favourite, so hopefully will find a place that play's a little of everything.

What would you say is the average age group in Lindos?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music in the bars

I'd say perhaps the biggest age group were 30s, 40s but you get all ages in Lindos and the great thing is they seem to mix pretty well. It wouldn't be unusual to find a group of 80 year olds next to a group of 20 year olds in the majority of bars.

Lindos
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music in the bars

I personally think that Lindos is suitable for any age group, and as marcuschap72 has already said, pensioners and youngsters mix well together in any of the local bars. Lindos is a mixing pot

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Music in the bars

The Med-East restaurant always seems to play some excellent contemporary Greek music and chill out stuff everytime I pass. Always mean to go in as the smells and views are good as well

For all rock/blues music it has to be Socrates. Early evening ie pre dinner it will be quieter and more chill out stuff and get louder as the night wears on.

Socrates was going to open a new bar round the corner (same place as where Karma reggae bar was last year but it hadn't happened by late June. It was supposed to be called "Socrates blues bar with a bit of Greek thrown in" but we said that was a bit of a mouthfull and persuaded him to call it B-52 bar. Hopefully he has got his act together and it will be open as from May

Mentioned in this post
Med East
Med East
169 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Music in the bars

Just re-read your post Marcus. I reckon the typical age group in Lindos was more like 40's - 50's. Back in the 80',s I would have said it was the 20-30' age group that was dominant but 30 years later these people are still coming back for more !!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,813 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music in the bars

Perhaps I'm knocking a few years off some of the old codgers Xeno? I always tend to assume the people I get on with are of similar age but I know that's not always the case, either that or Lindos holds the secret of eternal youth ;D

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Music in the bars

Sounds great we will fit in on the age front!!!

I used to work & then have a share in a music bar on Thassos, so I love the Greek way of doing things & the late nights listening to great music & all the banter that goes with it!!

In fact I get really itchy feet at this time of year!!

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Music in the bars

Hi Marcus,

I'm afraid you'll have to class me as an old codger! I did start visiting Lindos late in life but still love it.

Cheers

Dave

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Music in the bars

You're as young as your body and mind allows you to be Dave, but Im of the same thinking as Marcus, about people that I get on with, I tend to think they are as old as me!!!! haha

Eternal youth in Lindos ...Im moving!

L