We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greek

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Greek

Just wondering how many TA folk can hold a conversation in Greek

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Greek

Hi Melanie

I have just emailed u, it may b an idea to remove yr earlier post containing yr email address rather than leaving it on a public forum, yr call!

Many thanks

Mart

22. Re: Greek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 April 2012, 19:22
23. Re: Greek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 April 2012, 19:22
Edited: 27 April 2012, 19:22
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Greek

Hey

Mel: I'm not on FB :-). I can always PM my mob number if yr happy to text the info, should only cost u buttons for sending it and me buttons for receiving it and acknowledging it. I can delete it straight after if u want.

Failing that, I will send a local scouse, scanky pigeon over there!!

PS. If u go to the bottom of yr post with ya email address on it, I think it says report inappropriate comments or somethin like that, press the button and it gives u a drop-down of options, choose 'remove my post'.

I will try emailing from my computer rather than mob to see if that works.

Cheers

Mart

Edited: 27 April 2012, 05:50
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Greek

Hey Mel

I have just PM'd my mob number and emailed you again from the laptop

Cheers

Mart

Rotherham
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Greek

I can. Went to college and took modern Greek to O level standard. Read, speak and write it.

Always find that Greek people appreciate the fact that you have taken time to learn their language of which they are very proud.

Also comes in handy when you stand at the bar and listen to the staff discussing other customers, oblivious to the fact that you understand everything that they are saying. Priceless on occasions.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Greek

I think someones using the Google translater! lol

L

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Greek

Hey

Mel, got ya PM, I am out n about n cant reply on my moby! Thanks for the info!

Ta girl

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Greek

Hey

John: Sorry I hijacked yr thread to sort out communication issues

Ta

Mart

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Greek

How do you get on with Katharevousa, Dave?