We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Hey kids!

Well, what can I say! Awoke early (7am) for a walk along the main beach over to Pallas and to the jetty area. Clear warm skies, water is crystal clear, best I have seen it for years. The watersports landing stage has also been dismantled off Pallas and is just girders. The old faithful Glass Bottom Boat is still up n running though (well recommended). Walked back over to main beach and up the main beach road. The old Acropolis nightclub (sigh) is now called Azzuro, no idea yet if open this year.

Got back to Avra about 9ish after a wander, Mary maid knocked and recognised me and big hellos, I told her my room was fine etc so to save her the job. She toddled off, so time for a shower, left front door open as always and Mary maid popped her head back in chuffed because Avra had supplied a new plastic bog paper bin and toilet brush which she had come to give me. Problem was I was bollocko, poor girl, I grabbed a bottle from the table (a 2 litre water bottle I may add and not one of these mini vanilla flavoured pro-biotic bottles ) to hide my modesty. She wasnt ars.. and, just strolled into the bathroom with said bog brush and bin!!

Anyway, more importantly, some info:

I am finding that generally a large beer (Mythos) is 3.5E in the few places I have been to so far. However, if I remember rightly Mel at Lindos Reception charged 3E? I will let u know a little more once I have frequented a few more watering holes.

Just had a meze in Nefeli Beach Bar, Meatballs 5E, Stuffed Vine leaves 5E, Tzadziki 1.50 and Pitta 1.50. 3 x large Alpha beers at 3.50 each = 24 Euros approx. No great surprises but not tried the village yet!

Sun loungers 4E each, so I am only charged 4E cos Im solo (in Fuerteventura they charged 4E for brolly as well as 4E for the bed)

Pedalo's still 10E for an hour regardless of number of people (within reason)

Kayak hire is 5E an hr for a single one, 10E n hr for a double. I will deffo have a go at one of them.

Large beach towels = 7 E and airbeds/lilos about 10E.

Scuba Diving introductory lessons n dives = starting from 53E. PADI qualified divers are offered a range of dive sites, the best being a 'fooball pitch' size cave situated beneath 'Kleos' tomb on the headland, underwater of course. Only for the advanced though. Other dive sites include off Pefki where stingrays have been spotted the last few days (not ordinarily resident). Also offer Snorkelling trips. Office is on the lane that links the main beach (near Dolphins) and Mavrikos on the square.

Taxis are apparently double fare after midnight.

No news on whether shuttle bus will run this year

The massive sand hills on the main beach are being cleared/flattened tomorrow apparently.

Sorry, forgot to mention that toasters were one of the first victims of the savage Greek austerity cuts, sorry Andy. Seriously though, the locals have strong feelings regarding the current political situation in Greece and who can blame them!

Laters

Mart

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Hey Mart maybe its a previous TA poster from Cardiff (I think) who is there on his wedding...the one who was fretting about the weather. Maybe you should go say hi!

L

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Oh god, that post really made me smile.

Keep up the reports, how much for a glass of vino in bars? Sorry I dont do Mythos lol.

Babs

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Great post! Can't wait to get there now, 2 more sleeps! Case packed and wine opened, after your report feel right in holiday mode!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Hey

L: Possibly, was his name Scott from Cardiff? Anyway, he got married on the 7th so maybe this is his 'thank f... its all over and I can relax' party, hence skinny dipping at 9pm.

Babs, havnt been in the village for a night yet but when I do I will ask for ya. As I have said in previous posts, I have done years n years of nights out in the village so now I enjoy the days n early evenings sometimes n sitting on Avra beach terrace for hrs chillin with a mythos or 6 till the early hrs. Of course this is combined with nights/mornings up in the village.

Counting down till Tota girl

M

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Yes thats his name if you remember he gave you an open invitation! Enjoy your evening! Yammas

L

Beverley, East...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

This is brilliant info and a really fun read. Been to Yannis yet? I can't wait for my first Singapore Sling. I'm with you Babs on the Vino - how much this year?

Edited: 10 May 2012, 20:57
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Hi Mart

We arrive in Pefkos this coming Sunday, have you had chance to spot the exchange rate yet? We got €1.20 to the £ yesterday and I wondered if its better in Lindos/Pefkos area?

We always spend a night or two in Lindos so do you have any bar & restaurant recommendations for us? We normally end up at the Pizza place in Lindos, I cannot remember the name its the one not to far from the main square where you catch the bus up the hill?

We may bump into you some time next week if you are extremely unlucky!

Enjoy those Mythos!!

Edited: 10 May 2012, 20:58
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Hey

Bocodo:: As I arrived yesterday I think I recall seeing 1.21/1.22 in the agencies but was not really looking as I am sorted! Couple this with 2% comm charged in Lindos n its not much different anyway.

Restaurants: Very subjective and everyone has their own favourites. I will tell u mine n hopefully others will chip in:

Ambrosia, Mavrikos, Arhontiko, Odyssia and why not Symposio, not mentioned often. Its over to the others... have a great time dude n ya never know I might c ya

Mart

Edited: 10 May 2012, 21:13
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

Bocodo, the pizzeria you're talking about is Casa Della Pizza. Unfortunately the Italian owner moved on, It's still open but not a patch on what it was. For top quality Italian try Broccolino (no pizzas though) or for real Italian pizza, Gatto Bianco on the other side of the village. Odyssia, Stephany's and Dionysos, all very good or for something a bit different, To Kamariko.

So many restaurants, so little time. I didn't think this one week thing through!

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
259 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Snapshots in Lindos - First full day

That's the place, I loved their Pizza's, its so sad to hear they have changed hands and they are not as good as they used to be. Thanks for the recommendations, I'm sitting at home watching Britain's got talent, counting down the hours for Saturday. Just in case you are missing good old Blighty, its raining and it as been all day!