We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long out and how long back?

England
Level Contributor
407 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
How long out and how long back?

Hi

Staying at Lindos View apartments late June and am wondering how long and how hard it will be to walk into Lindos and then up to the Acropolis?

Then the same back again?

Also same question regards the beach?

O.K so you will ask--- how old? how fit? etc

Well to be honest age 60 (second day there) and unfortunately I am not very fit at all!

So regards to that and I seem to remember the last time we were there in 1991 that Lindos was incredibly hot compared to Ixia where we stayed before what are your estimates regards time,etc and no a donkey is not ever an option,

Cheers

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lindos View
Hotel Lindos View
860 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How long out and how long back?

Firstly, my advice would be to go very early in the morning. Or late evening. If you're going inside you will have to factor in opening/closing times.

I would say that in the cool of the morning, 30 minutes should be adequate for me but I'm used to walking 6 miles a day at a fast pace so allow 60 mins. And about the same in reverse.

Allow 15 mins to get to St Pauls beach and about 20 mins to main and Pallas beaches. Again, it is easier in the early morning when you are not fighting against the tide of humanity. Allow at least twice these time for getting from the beaches to LV as it is uphill all the way !! Don't forget the nitro glycerine capsules !!

Edited: 15 May 2012, 21:00
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How long out and how long back?

Oh yes - I forgot. Take plenty of cold water with you and keep well hydrated at that time of the year.

England
Level Contributor
407 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long out and how long back?

Thanks Xenomania for the info

I did not realise there were three beaches to choose from, are they all same size etc? with same facilities?

We would need two sunbeds and a brolly

Paul

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How long out and how long back?

Hi Paul Pallas Beach (where the boats moor) is fronted by tavernas and 2 well stocked supermarkets Lindos main beach has several restaurants more spread out and a small shop St Pauls has a little canteena. All the beaches have sun beds and brollies to hire.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long out and how long back?

Footwear with a good grip is essential as the road and footpaths into Lindos and those towards the main beach and St Pauls Bay can get somewhat slippery in the heat, and the cobbles that make up the streets in the village, and particularly down from the top of St Pauls are very smooth after centuries of wear.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How long out and how long back?

Paul - just thought of something else that may help you.

Turn left out of LV and walk along to the bus stop at Krana (400m). There is a free shuttle that will take you down "cardiac hill" to the main plaka. You can then take shank's pony to the main beach, Pallas or the Acrop. Same for the return - even better as you are going up "cardiac hill" !!

And if the heat and uphill all gets too much for you a friendly taxi driver from the plaae will take you right to the door of LV in exchange for a few E's

Mentioned in this post
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long out and how long back?

According to Mart there's no shuttle bus at the moment Xeno and apparently no guarantees it will be running at all this summer. Should help the taxi drivers no end!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How long out and how long back?

I wonder if thiss is part of the Lindos municipality austerity measures ?

I think I'll open a bottled water shop half way up "cardiac hill"Out of austerity comes prosperity !

Edited: 16 May 2012, 20:05
Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
England
Level Contributor
407 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long out and how long back?

Cheers everyone for all the info

10. Re: How long out and how long back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 02:41