We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euro crisis

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
halifax
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
euro crisis

Just watching all the panic on the tv and things are looking tough in Greece. What impact is the euro crisis having in Rhodes/Lindos?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: euro crisis

You won't notice anything amiss in Lindos or in any of the islands, or probably even in Athens. The panic on TV is just that, "panic on the TV."

Rhodes
Level Contributor
386 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: euro crisis

What panic?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: euro crisis

Exactly, I can't believe the amount of threads all asking the same question!

halifax
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: euro crisis

Thanks for that - I couldn't find any other comments about it so glad to hear that is the case.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: euro crisis

Maybe 'panic,' was the wrong choice of word,crisis seems to fit the bill better.

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: euro crisis

TA should start a new section on the Greece forum exclusively for the endlessly repeated questions, must be at least 1000 threads about this now, all with the same questions, all with the same answers.

halifax
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: euro crisis

sorry to be so predictable - didnt think to look at the Greece Forum, this is the only Forum I have been on. Silence from me from now on the subject!

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: euro crisis

It's a fair question really.

My mum is there now - the only advice she was given was not to take too many euros and to instead take sterling - cash - just in case.

But as others have said - whilst there no one seems to be particularly worried about the situation.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: euro crisis

I am here now, and I withdraw all the euros I want from ATMs. Dont understand what good Sterlings could do. They have to be changed into euros before spent in Greece. Even if Greece in the future should leave the euro, I guess euro will be very popular by Greek businisses as they can be used all over Europe.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: euro crisis

Periscope

She was given that advice in case Greece suddenly comes out of the Euro - in which case sterling would be a better option.

It's unlikely to happen overnight but it was reasonable advice (IMHO).