We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
changing money

How much do you get to the pound in Lindos?

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing money

1.21 on 13th June

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing money

Hi,

Less 2% commission.

Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changing money

It usually works put about the same as changing here if you take the 2% into account.

I've been getting 1.21 to 1.23 at ramsdens pawnbrokers. Seems to be around the best

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing money

No, commission free. The rate varies from day to day though, but wasn't below 1.20 between 1 June and 14 June

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changing money

Hi Alpha,

Whilst I took almost enough euros with me I did need to change some sterling. I did this with Claire in the shop at blue sky and got €1.22 less 2%. Where did you change yours?

How's Carmarthen these days. Not been for some time but used to love the market.

Cheers

Dave

Carmarthen, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: changing money

I changed it at the bureau de change just off the square, around the corner from the donkey station near the church. I've also changed money at Rodos Cars hire. I've found that shops and hotels do charge commission. Though to be fair, I only changed a small amount. Interestingly my bank exchange rate was 1.23.8 for cash machine withdrawls, but they charged me £3.00 for doing it! Live just outside Carmarthen. The town centre has been redeveloped lately with a new pedestrianised areas, a cinema, lots of shops. It's a pretty important shopping centre now. Still pretty though. Regards.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: changing money

Thaks for all posts Igot 1.21 at holiday shop in Stanley

8. Re: changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:16