We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillipos Studios Lindos

newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Phillipos Studios Lindos

Hi has anyone stayed here, I am taking my 77 year old mam and need to know the location, as I can't have her walking up and down that bank, where the better hotels are. I would like her to stay in a traditional apartment.

Any advice would be great

Thanks

Vera

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,372 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

Think they are on road down towards St Paul's Bay, on right after Melia? Sure I saw them when I stayed at Barvas last September? Barvas might be worth a look at, I'm going back again in September. Great location and lovely courtyard with view of acropolis? They have a couple of ground floor studios that might suit, no stairs apart from a couple up into courtyard?

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

On the road down to St Paul's Bay. Friends of mine have stated there several times, so can't be too bad.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

As Marcus says, they're on the road down to St Paul's Bay, opposite the town hall.

The hill is quite gentle and not that big anyway.

There are only 4 apartments ... two studios downstairs with a shared courtyard and one upstairs. The other is a one-bedroom apartment upstairs. The upstairs rooms have private balconies, though the studio one backs onto the back of a hillside.

I've stayed there twice already, the last time in May this year, and have booked them again for May and September 2013.

They're basic but by no means the worst in the Village, with a great location.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

It's traditional in a modern way...no choklai courtyard! there are a few steps to the upper rooms/middle room with private rock facing courtyard but on the flat otherwise..very spacious.Stayed in the middle room at the top of the first stairs bit noisy with echoey staircase behind bed head and noisy neighbours but clean and massive room & bathroom. Barvas is good if you're taking independent route.

Edited: 19 June 2012, 22:30
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

Hi - i last stayed here in 2006 and i have to say we loved it. We had the 2bedroom apartment - it was really clean and spacious with great views over looking St Pauls bay.

I have just booked with Thomas Cook to go her next Sept 18th 2013 for 2wks and it was a great price so we snapped it up.

But i'm abit worried now as iv just done a google search and some of the reviews are saying the apartments have been really dirty ect!!! Not good when iv recommended the place for my inlaws to enjoy staying at.

Danny M From Glasgow - you stayed there this May 2012 - did you find the rooms dirty ect???

Heres the link to 3of the reviews i found - is it the same Phillipos

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g227884-d1673…

Here the Thomas Cook link

www.thomascook.com/product/…

I do remember paying a extra 100euros for the air con (wanted 50euros each week for the 2rooms in there) thought that was abit of a rip off but had no choice as we stayed in Aug and the temps went to over 50c some days!!

Am hoping with going the 18th sept - 2nd the temps witll be better and maybe make do with hiring a fan?

Edited: 20 August 2012, 16:44
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

This is my review frm when i last stayed here......am truly hoping its as good as when i last went?

tripadvisor.co.uk/…17309413

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

I would hazard a guess the poor reviews have come from someone not used to staying in Lindos village. I haven't stayed in Phillipos for a year or 2 but I would have said they were some of the less tired of the package accommodation on offer. As for cleanliness..well I know the TO's seem to spread a very small cleaning staff..very thinly over a very large area so maybe that has taken a turn for the worse since you stayed there but again it would depend on what you are used to! Personally I wouldn't worry too much but maybe take a pack of disinfectant wipes as Babs recommends as a back up.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

Hi - thanks for your reply. Can cope with abit of dust n dirt - like you said its easy enough to buy some bleach/cleaning products when there.

I prev bkd these apartments through Olympics Holidays and have to say i had bkds through them many times before and find the accommodation/standards were better than other Travel Agencys.

Its been a few years since i have bkd a package holiday, mainly because it became much harder to get decent rooms at all. I have had one or two pretty yuk ones but at the end of the day your only sleeping in the room and the rest of the time enjoying the beautiful village of Lindos.

My inlaws are 68yrs and 71yrs ....so though myself and my huby can make do i would cringe if my inlaws had to!!

The last 4yrs we have booked the Bakia Apartments....can recommend them thoroughly - last year it cost alot to buy the flights - then bk apartment - then pay for the taxi on top - so next year "its make do" if we wanted to be able to to beautiful Lindos again. For four adults we paid £409 each - flights, transfers,apartment.....bargain!! So if if means taking my marigolds with me - so be it lol!!!!

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/greece/GR594.htm

Edited: 20 August 2012, 18:59
Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

Irisellis.

I stayed there in May 2010 and again in May this year and didn't notice any change in the cleanliness of the apartments. It's still looked after by the same cleaner ... a lovely lady who is very obliging.

Maybe because I've been to Lindos 26 times I'm used to the basic standards of normal Village accommodation, which I agree is not as good as the apts to be found up in the Krana area. I suppose the basics could be a culture shock to some.

The comfort you give up from not being up in Krana though is more than made up for by the convenience and fabulous atmosphere of Village life.

I'm staying in Lindos Blue Sky Apts up in Krana in 4 weeks time, but only as a one-off treat for someone as they are superb apts.. I still regret not being in the hub of the Village though, hence we're back in Philipos May and September next year.

Edited: 20 August 2012, 20:08
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phillipos Studios Lindos

Thanks Danny :) :) :)

Am feeling better and relieved/re-assured :) :) :)

I will make sure i take some pics whilst i'm there this time (did take a fw last time but only on the balcony) i will do a little video to go with it then who ever comes next will be able to see for themselves.

It can be soooo difficult sometimes to find information/reviews and it helps if we start with ourselves to review places we stay (i do sometimes but often dont get around to it)

Thanks again Danny :) :) :)