We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than a week

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Less than a week

Heading "home" on Wednesday can't wait! Love the place so much. Was just wondering if anyone else had any good tips about places to go, things to do, secrets they want to share. Been 4 times and I'm looking for unusual bars, good day tips and generally stuff that I might not know about.

Cheers

Geordie and miss Geordie

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Less than a week

Plenty of good stuff to enjoy and am still finding new places/things to do 30 years on.

Take a walk off the main drag. It's amazing what you can find whether it be a bar, restaurant or just a plain photo opportunity.

Try To Kamariko, Agostino's, Billy's bar, day trip to Chalki for something a bit out of the main stream

Enjoy your "home" visit

Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Less than a week

Cheers mate will enjoy every minute! That was my thinking, just to wander off main drag and see what I stumble accross. Love bialys bar, spent many a day there but not been after dark yet so will be a first stop upon arrival.

Geordie

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Less than a week

Hi Geordie,

We are off on the 11th can't wait!

Nice places off the main drag are Skala on Pallas beach, just as the sun is going down- it is magical.

Rainbird bar- great at all times, just for the view.

Broccolino's- the food is fantastic and with a great vibe.

For Mrs Geordie I would recommend Gelo Bleu.

On the main drag I would recommend Arhontiko, Maria's, 404 and Atmosphere

Have a good one!

Mikey

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Less than a week

Hi Guys

We're also flying out to Lindos on the 11th, its been about 20 years since i was last in Rhodes so been busy taking note of the suggestions on here.

Thanks

Stu

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Less than a week

11th for me too... it can't come soon enough!

If you're heading off the main rat run, Captain's House is a gorgeous bar - beautiful building, great staff and very chilled.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Less than a week

A couple of years ago I spent 2 days wandering the alleys and nooks and crannies of Lindos, one day was spent on one half of the village, the next day the other, I've been going for 10yrs and still so much to discover. I took some great photos. Also I discovered the area just past Melenos Hotel/behind the school, lots of wildlife, quite, a bit dodgy on the rocks but great views and more photos.

Enjoy

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
428 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Less than a week

Again, Mikey is talking good sense!

We like it in Kolossos Bar (keep walking up past Yanni's and then past Socrates Bar...it's on the left). Small evening bar but lovely welcome from Manolis and the DJ normally plays whatever you want. Good people (shame we didn't see much of them during Rhodes Rock cos the place was packed!).

Brocollino's has changed a bit. The two really cool guys have gone and the front of house is now two (lovely) ladies. The food was of the usual high standard but the ambience wasn't as special (in my opinion). I think one of the previous owners has a place in Pefkos now but I couldn't find out where.

Skala is fantastic.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Less than a week

The same owners Janey, It's one of the waiters that's moved on and has his own place in Pefkos. Always chat with him in Arches but next time I'll pay a bit more attention and find out which restaurant it is!

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Less than a week

Hi Marcus,

Is it the waiter who wears the big beads( shaved head and had lots of photos of himself on the walls)?

He was always very knowledgeable and made some excellent recommendations as regards food choices.

I fancy a wee trip to Pefkos for a look!

Mikey

Edited: 01 July 2012, 22:02
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,387 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Less than a week

That's the guy but he's grown his hair and a beard and now looks a bit like Jesus! ;D