We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

friendliest bar

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
friendliest bar

Hi everybody, Off to Lindos for the 2nd time in Aug, I want to make a list of the bars and restaurants which are a must to visit. Love talking to the Greek people, which do you think are the friendliest Greeks in Lindos.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: friendliest bar

Hi,

To be honest we had a friendly reception in all the restaurants we visited recently, at a push i'd say Odyssia was particularly friendly though.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: friendliest bar

Hi As we have been 7 years running and obviously have made friends with lots of people in the bars & restaurants it would be difficult to choose any as they are all very friendly and always remember many people year after year but one that really springs to mind is the Kalypso restaurant they always welcome you like family. (and the food is pretty amazing too) Can't wait till October

Lyn

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,575 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: friendliest bar

Tough call as we're all different personalities so get on with different people. I always get the warmest of welcomes in Captain's House, Atmosphere, and Pals bars, Skala, Oyssia and Broccolino restaurants. To be fair everywhere and pretty much everyone is friendly though perhaps some more genuinely than others.

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: friendliest bar

Yes a tough call.

Mihalis from Dolphins/Byzantino is a very nice guy.

Stavros, now in Atmosphere is very friendly- I have known him since he was young working in his first year in Manolis Bar- he has not changed at all. He has an excellent sense of humour.

Pericles from Captain's House has been the friendliest guy I have met in the town. I first met him as a fresh faced waiter in Dolphins on the beach -in 2000.

He was built like a "rake" and had hair then. He was always chatty and has a great personality. When we started visiting with our kids he has always been excellent. We have followed him wherever he has worked.- Ikon, Luna etc.

Now in Captains House he is working with some great guys in Savvas and Vassillis.

Rob in Bar404 is also a must visit.

So I recommend all of the above!

Mikey

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: friendliest bar

Difficult one, as its been said different people find different bars more friendly than others, all are great and very different.

Captains House definitely comes top of my list, and Rainbird though that hasn't been the same since Nikos left.

Re Restaurants, again so many, Kalypso for sure, then theres Olympia, Dyonnisos, Stephanys.

Best thing is to discover your own. Enjoy!

Maribor, Slovenia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: friendliest bar

I would recommend Yamas bar in Lardos. Owner is Loucas; he is really friendly and loves to talk with guests about mythology, Rhodes history, footbal, music, art... We met him last week and i hope we stay in touch.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: friendliest bar

I don't see how you can get a complete picture.

Everyone has a different personality which the owners/staff/other customers respond to.

With one notible exception ... which has been discussed at length in other posts ... everyone will give you a warm welcome to ensure your return.

You may like one bar more than someone else ... that's human nature.

My definition of the friendliest bar is the one they don't throw me out of.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: friendliest bar

Oasis, Rocco.must be the happiest man in Lindos with the view of the bay.

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: friendliest bar

Hi Again,

My definition of a friendly bar is not just about the bar.

It is generally about the staff!

Most bars are good.

But the best bits are the staff.

Up on Krana I think Demetris in Lambis Studios is one of the friendliest guys in Town.

In Town go to Captains House!!

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: friendliest bar

Our favourites were Pal & Captain's House.

We returned on 8/8/12 and a lot of the bars seemed to be really quiet with the exception of 404, Pal, Socrates I have to say that the buildings are fantastic many having roof terraces.