We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

friendliest bar

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
friendliest bar

Hi everybody, Off to Lindos for the 2nd time in Aug, I want to make a list of the bars and restaurants which are a must to visit. Love talking to the Greek people, which do you think are the friendliest Greeks in Lindos.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: friendliest bar

I think i'll have to visit every bar in Lindos to try and find out which one is the friendliest, just for educational purposes you understand ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: friendliest bar

I agree with mikeybaby stavros and his father nico at atmosphere make you most welcome. Also phillip at lindos by night (top Bar) Bit crazy. We call in to see rob at 404 first stop in the evening. nico and marco also on hand to help with information at 404. Alex and george in socs can also be a bit wild. Thats Just Our choice but all bars are welcoming.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: friendliest bar

Captains bar for me. Friendly staff, great surroundings if you like a chilled out drink and a chat. Savvas, Vasillis and Peri are great guys.

Rich.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: friendliest bar

Hey

Its all subjective but I find Bar 404 and Georgios (village) and Georgios 2 (Pallas Beach) to be amongst the 'friendliest'. Is there such a thing as an 'unfriendly' bar in Llndos :-)

Oh yeah, I can think of one but that is well documented

M

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
223 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: friendliest bar

I think like others have said it depends on your personality really...

I'm rather quiet and reserved but found most owners to be fairly friendly and welcoming. The young couple who look after the Rainbird have been fantastic. to the point of staying open far longer than they probably should. :))

The waiter from Red Rose always seems to remember me even though it's usually been about 4 years between trips. That and the staff at Sunburnt Arms have even been good for a good old natter. - Only went once though ;-)

Think the guy I miss more than anybody is the old guy in the mini supermarket. Can't remember his name (Dimitri - maybe ?), but he's always the first to open on a morning and gives a good ol' greek welcome. :)

Paul.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: friendliest bar

Hey

Yep, Dimitri, a geat geezer, I have known him for years and he always has time for me and always asks after my family and freinds. He is my first port of call for fruit, mythos and anything else. He is always promoting Dimitris at the very top of Pefki, not sure if the name is coincidental (I suspect so) but it is one of the best properties to stay in Pefki.

M

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: friendliest bar

It might be his Mart. I remember him telling me he had an apartment block with one of the companies that went under (maybe Kosmar?) and lost a lot of money.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: friendliest bar

Hi there. Where exactly is Pals?

Denise.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: friendliest bar

It's on the main run Denise, on the corner you'd turn for Kalypso restaurant or Courtyard bar. Blink and you'd miss it!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: friendliest bar

It's on the main run Denise, on the corner you'd turn for Kalypso restaurant or Courtyard bar. Blink and you'd miss it!

Edited: 14 August 2012, 21:50