We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos weddings

Cambs
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos weddings

Hi

Has anyone married in lindos at around 6.30pm at the end of May.

Ths is the only time we can get and although the wedding planner has been really helpful, would love to hear from anyone who has done it.I would like to know if the sun was setting and if it would possibly still be nice and warm at that time of day.

Thanks Karen

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos weddings

Hi Karen. Our son gets married at St. Paul's Bay on 10th September. As yet, not sure of time but whatever time of day, I think it'll be really hot. Not that i'm moaning, but think he'll be absolutely sweltering in his suit lol. Personally, I think the end of May and at that time will be perfect.

Denise.

Cambs
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos weddings

Hello Denise

Thank you for your reply, have you been to Lindos ?

Hope all goes well and you have a lovely time

Regards

Karen

Edited: 10 August 2012, 19:23
oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos weddings

Hi Karen. Yes, have been to Lindos. We were actually staying in Pefkos but visited Lindos numerous times and fell in love with it as soon as we were in the main square. Just something about the place. Have been to a few Greek Islands and have never been anywhere which compares to Lindos. Our son has been before but it was a few years ago. He also loved it. You will too, i'm sure. :0)

Denise.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos weddings

Hi Karen,

Congratulations to you. Have a read of this report from Rhiannon,

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g227884-i1327-k5…

She got married at the end of May this year & says about the weather, she is really friendly & i'm sure if you send he a message she will tell yo what the weather was like when she was there this year. I beleive it can be a bit variable in May but by then it should be settled & will be lovely. We are getting married there on 10th Sept this year at 4.15pm :-) We had wanted 5pm but it was gone even though we booked it in Feb 11 but to be honest 45mins is not going to make much difference in the heat. We are staying in Pefkos too but love Lindos as well, both are wonderful with lots of wonderful places to choose from for your reception. Who is your wedding planner?

Edited: 11 August 2012, 15:01
Cambs
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos weddings

Hi

Thank you for your reply,I will look into the reviewyou mentioned, We are in the early stages of planning and are ust waiting to haveour date confirmed on Monday.

We are going with Lindos Weddings as after doing a lot of research on the Internet they seem to come the most highly recommended.

So far Karen has been great , emailing me promptly.

Once my our date is confirmed on Monday we will look into reception Venues and accommodation.

Happy for you that your date will soon be here,All the very best to you both

Kind regards

Karen

7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos weddings

Regards the time of sunset, I think you'd begin to see the sun set at around 7.15pm in late May, maybe even a little later.

Edited: 12 August 2012, 00:08
Cambs
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos weddings

Martin1883

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos weddings

timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html…

Here's your answer Karen!

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos weddings

Hi Karen,

We are with Lindos Wedding too, they really are great. You will have no problems with them at all & they really go out of their way to make things happen.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos weddings

Karen, I am also getting married at 6.30pm - on 29 May at St Pauls next year - I was told it was a lovely time to get married and the sun sets about 8.15 which is when we will hopefully be getting off the boat cruise and going to Dolphins Restaurant for our wedding meal :-)

I hope all your planning is coming along nicely - feel free to email me privately if you like.

x