We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help... Where should i book

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Help... Where should i book

Hi All,

Me and my boyfriend are looking at going to Greece next July.

We are both 24. I want somewhere with nice beaches lively at night but not too lively if you know what i mean. We also want to do a lot of sight seeing but don't want to hire out a car. I am thinking of Rhodes. Does anyone have any suggestions on where might be good for us?

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Level Contributor
262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help... Where should i book

I'm 27 and have been to lindos last 4 years. It fits in with the good beachs and has good nightlife without being 18-30. You can't go far wrong if that's the kind of place u are looking for.

4 great beachs, loads of good bars to suit all tastes. Great restaurants and a good buzz of an evening

Level Contributor
262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help... Where should i book

Also good bus route and tours to go on from tour offices in village. I would recommend a day trip to Symi. Was 35 euro when I was over a month ago. They take u unto Rhodes town harbour over on boat and get 4 hours and then stop at monastery on was back. Really good day. Loads of others offered too

Mentioned in this post
Symi
Symi
Dodecanese, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help... Where should i book

Hi,

Have to agree with geordie,would recommend Lindos everytime,have yet to hear of anyone to come back who has not enjoyed their stay there,would also recommend Lindos blue sky appartments and The Athena up in the Krana area as a place to stay.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos Athena Hotel
Lindos Athena Hotel
272 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help... Where should i book

Thanks sounds perfect :) what is pricing like out there? cheaper than london or similar?

Level Contributor
262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help... Where should i book

It's about 3 euro a larger. About 6 a cocktail a decent meal cost between 40/-55 for bottle of wine and 2/3 courses for 2 people. General costs such as sandwiches on apar with uk so a bit cheaper than London. We took a 1000 euro for two of us for a week and had plenty. We ate out every night and went to various bars til late most nights. We also went to water park for day in faliraki. We also went to ice bar. All in all we didn't need to scrimp and save.

We have done lindos on a shoestring before and had a great time so whatever budget you have you can have a great time.

Can also recommend the lindos Athena on krana just above lindos. It's ultra clean really friendly staff and good bar prices. Only a short 10 minute walk into village which we used to break up with a stop at ice bar for a quick one in bar out front of the 'freezer bit'.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Lindos Athena Hotel
Lindos Athena Hotel
272 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help... Where should i book

Hi,

Eating out and drinks are definately cheaper than most places in the uk if you shop around,but there are no large supermarkets as such,so your basic foods etc are more expensive by quite a bit,so take your own essentials.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help... Where should i book

Thanks so much. Appreciate your help and will defo look into Athena or Krana.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos Athena Hotel
Lindos Athena Hotel
272 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help... Where should i book

Lindos suits all ages, as its been said, lots of great bars, restaurants, and a couple of clubs but its never 'mad', no 18-30s etc.

Lots of accommodation too but if you spend most time on the beach than by the pool then why not try the village? Basic but the character and atmosphere can't be beaten, all shops bars and eateries on your doorstep.

If you do want a pool then there is also Lindos View and Lindos Gardens up on Krana just above Lindos. Lindos View being the closest to the village.

Babs

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Hotel Lindos View
Hotel Lindos View
860 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help... Where should i book

Hi!

I would definitely recommend staying in the town. The accommodation might be a little more basic but you can't beat the location.

If you are mindful of the budget, spend the day on Pallas beach. Jack's Supermarket stocks a range of filled torpedo rolls (ham & cheese, tuna salad, salami & cheese, turkey & cheese, cheese salad) at €1.50, local equivalents of Fanta Lemon and Orange at 50 cents and giant sugar doughnuts big enough to share at €1.20.

In the town there are a couple of gyros places, pizza shops and créperies if you want to eat "on the hoof" or take something back to your apartment.

One of the cheaper restaurants is Marios (right next to Yanni's Bar); the food is very good with excellent service but it doesn't break the bank. It is also the coolest place to eat (in terms of temperature).

Billy's Bar offers large beers at €2.50 and there's a split-level roof terrace.

Colin

Edited: 17 August 2012, 19:20
Mentioned in this post
Mario's Restaurant
Mario's Restaurant
416 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help... Where should i book

I would agree with babs and bigcol if you are beach people would say look at staying in the village 5 to 10 minute walk to beach. Where as krana is 15 to 20 minutes walk with one extra big hill. We Are going september and staying at avra which is on the main beach . 20 to 30 steps to the sand, These can be booked with olympic holidays. Also exclusively lindos have village acommadation and at krana; And 5 to 10 minutes walk to the village for your evenings.