We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
When to book?

Hi all,

My brother is getting married in Lindos in August 2013. Obviously, I intend to go but my other half won't be able to confirm her holiday from work until Feb/March next year. I have heard that Rhodes flights and Lindos itself can get booked up pretty far in advance.

Am I taking a risk by leaving booking til Spring next year?

Also, I've done a little tentative research about Lindos. It seems that most hotels are situated up the hill. Could anyone provide a short list of any hotels that are situated more centrally in the town (that could be booked through a UK travel agent).

Many thanks for any advice you can offer.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,506 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book?

No hotels in Lindos centre due to its protected status

As to when to book

Well, EasyJet are already taking bookings for flights

Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book?

We have booked in early spring a few times and had no bother at all. My girlfriend has similar problems with confirming holiday.

To elaborate on previous post. Although no hotels as such plenty of accommodation on sc basis try olympic holidays and thomas cook have some through manos. Try privately too just search lindos village accomodation and ask on here about any you fancy.

I have always stayed up the hill and it's really not a bother. It takes about 10-15 mins to be central from most hotels. Walking up can be a bit longer but I never found this a problem. Taxi back up is about 3-4 euro so not a great problem if u can't be bothered.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,446 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book?

There is actually one hotel in Lindos, Melenos. However it's pretty expensive and not available through package tour operators. If you're happy with a basic studio rather than hotel complex (and lets' face it who needs a pool when you've got the biggest ever down by the beach!) then Olympic, Thomas Cook and Cosmos are the only package operators in Lindos village. Olympic have the widest choice with Thomas Cook only offering Phillipos and Tota I think and Cosmos only offering Kyriakos.

Unfortunately August puts you at the busiest time so you're right, flights asnd accommodation can soon get booked up. If you can be flexible on airport/accommodation then I'm sure you'll still be able to book something next year. Even if accommodation with the tour ops is booked up try Exclusively Lindos, they're based in Lindos so have plenty of rooms not contracted to tour ops and can put together packages with flights, transfers, etc. all included.

http://exclusivelylindos.com/

Exeter
Level Contributor
119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book?

Hi Everbody....It's Olympic Double Discount Weekend THIS weekend....Available on-line only......It's an extra 7% off online prices. Every little helps.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book?

Thank you everyone for the info. Very helpful and put my mind at rest :-)

I'll visit this forum again next spring when I come to book.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book?

Hi Bertie

Just added another week in Corfu for May 2013 from Glasgow, the week before my Lindos week.

Took advantage of the Olympic email offer. £343 online price reduced to £264 via the email. Result!

(Also booked Lindosron for the same week from Manchester ... too good a price to ignore ... but in separate rooms, of course lol)

It really is a different price if you use the email link.

Manchester
Level Contributor
71 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to book?

Can you post the email link please?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to book?

Don't know if this will work because it was originally a private email link.

Also, it expires at midnight on Sunday.

www.olympicholidays.com/default.asp…

Exeter
Level Contributor
119 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: When to book?

Good Stuff....I've booked Lindos Gardens for two weeks in May 2013 for £218....The exact same holiday is being sold by Thomson for £475...Only difference is the carrier/Olympic give you a choice of four...Easyjet is the cheapest, and includes full luggage allowance.....I'm off to Corfu next week funnily enough....with Thomas Cook. See you in Lindos next May....!

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When to book?

Thats a cracking deal EB, I guess youre flying from Gatwick?

I just checked the OH website and flying from Newcastle on 01/05/13 staying at the LG would cost Mrs R & myself £987.50, however, if we fly from Gatwick the identical holiday is only £447.52, full baggage allowance with easyjet, how on earth can anyone justify over £500 difference??