We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday in mid october

walsall
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
holiday in mid october

Hello ta's, i am thinking of going on holiday to lindos for 2 weeks in mid october but i dont want to go if the bars and restaurants are shut . Any advice would be welcome. I was going in may but i had to cancell due to illness, plus any sugestions to other areas for a couple who like nice resorts with good bars and restaurants would be welcome.

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday in mid october

Hi, most bars, tavernas and shops etc are open till the end of the season. I go in October every year, usually first two weeks but I have been mid and end of Oct. Weather still good though there is always a chance of rain and cool evening but that is not necessarily always the case. This year I'm there from 3rd to 17th.

Go, and enjoy. Lindos is a beautiful, friendly and unique place, stunning beaches, warm seas, great food, Many varied bars and restaurants to suit all tastes.

Babs

walsall
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday in mid october

Hello Bab's, thank you very much for the reply, your information is very usefull.I am thinking of going to the Lindos Sun Hotel it has very good reviews.

Kind regards .

John

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday in mid october

Lindos Sun is about 1 and half kms from Lindos, going toward Pefkos. Taxis or car hire to get to and from Lindos will be needed. Buses run durng the day but not in evenings.

Edited: 13 September 2012, 22:19
walsall
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday in mid october

Thank you for the information.

Kind regards.

John.

Walsall chef.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday in mid october

We are thinking of going at half term (20th Oct) - will the weather be ok then and we would like to stay within walking distance of tavernas, bars etc in a B and B hotel. Any suggestions - you obviously know it very well and we have never visited and I'm driving myself mad with this review and that review!!

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday in mid october

I have visited Lindos many times during October half term, the weather is still good, sunny days, warm sea and no crowds. Sometimes the wind gets up during the evening and there is also the chance of rain, nightime temps a bit on the chilly side.

Hope this helps.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday in mid october

I'd say the Lindos Sun is more walkable now the pavement has been built especially in the 'cooler' months.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday in mid october

Ryan the hotels on Krana are close enough for walking Taxis plentiful to ''help'' you up the hill of an evening if you need some assistance (and for the price of a drink)!

walsall
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: holiday in mid october

thanks for the information , very helpfull.

Kind regards .

Walsall chef

walsall
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: holiday in mid october

Hello, thank you for the reply .

Kind regards .

Walsall chef