We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Holidays

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic Holidays

Guys, just a quick question regarding OH transfer service....

On their website it states "Transfer information: Guests will be walked into the village for check-in. This can take up to 1 hour and luggage will be brought to the accommmodation with a luggage truck."

The bit about luggage is self explanatory, but the check-in part has got me a little puzzled?

1. Does this happen when the coach arrives at Lindos Reception regardless of the time?

2. Where are guests walked too? an OH office in Lindos?

3. If staying at Lindos Gardens/Krana area are guests not just dropped off at the hotel?

Thanks for the help as always...

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic Holidays

Yes you will be dropped off at LG

Lyn

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,860 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic Holidays

Up to 1 hour? That's a new one on me, probably just covering their backs though in case you're waiting for a rep to come back from seeing in a previous arrival.

As Lyn says, all Krana apartments involve a drop off at the door with your bags. Lindos village means a drop off at 'Lindos Reception' where you're met by a rep, luggage is organized for the small truck to deliver and then you're walked down to your accommodation.

Mentioned in this post
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic Holidays

An hour? Unless of course there are guests to be taken to every room in every Olympic accommodation! Andy you don't 'check in' as such when staying in the village. You just get shown to your room in your accomm. Or if your a regular you just go off and make your own way lol. When I first started visiting Lindos there was a lot lot more accomm and it did take a while for the rep to get everyone to where they were staying, that could have possibly taken an hour. Usually by the time you are walked to your accomm your luggage is outside the property.

As said, its different on Krana as coach can get to the properties there.

Babs

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic Holidays

Thanks everyone... I had visions of walking through Lindos from reception in the middle of the night to check in at an OH office!! Then walking all the way up cardiac hill to Krana LOL.... doh!!

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,647 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic Holidays

Hi

Andy: I think OH are covering the 'worst case scenario', ie the Avra which is situated right on the far end of the main beach and with 'drop - offs' en route. No worries on Krana dude

Enjoy

M

Edited: 17 September 2012, 19:34
Mentioned in this post
Krana Apartments
Krana Apartments
185 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,647 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic Holidays

Hey

PS, my eventual transfer time from Lindos Reception to Avra is usually 3 hours due to a 'forced' refuelling stop at 404

M

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic Holidays

Hahaha.... nice one Mart!

8. Re: Olympic Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 02:17