We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expectations

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
middlesbrough
Level Contributor
897 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Expectations

Hi,was wondering how this years holiday panned out for you,due to the current economic climate, was it to quiet for some.. Lacking in atmosphere, maybe, or sometimes quiet is best for some, quality of company is sometimes all that people need,I never got to lindos this year, sadly, ended up in Zante, very very quiet, and Marbella strangely enough very quiet also, I can take quiet but do prefer lively,so what were your findings cheers

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expectations

Hi there Jazzer, how's you?

I was there from 6-17 Oct and it wasn't anywhere as quiet as I expected it to be. A lot more Russian and French visitors this year.

Had great company a lot of the time which as you say is sometimes all you need. Friends old and new. This year I just wanted a totally chilled and relaxing holiday and that's just what I had, did very little except rest, potter around, take photos and recharged my batteries. Ate a fantastic meal every night, even when I spent the odd one on the balcony with a gyros and bottle of wine. Loved every minute. Already booked for next year but going for 3 weeks :o)

Babs

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expectations

First time for me in lindos next year cant wait 28th august staying at lindoz horizon, anyone got anh decent maps showing bars and restaurants

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
978 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expectations

We went to Kalkan solely because we had heard it was the 'Turkish Lindos'

Really disappointed overall. Not as easy to get around as in other parts of Turkey, Poor beach in Kalkan itself (although lovely beach at Patara, a short bus ride away) and poor value compared to other resorts. We did have a problem with the hotel which didnt help but I think we shall be sticking with the Greek Lindos from now on!

It was quite busy for September mind so maybe Turkey proved a decent alternative for some while Greece goes through its financial troubles.

Already booked for Santorini next year where I have always wanted to go but am determined to fit Lindos in somewhere, I cant go 2 years without a visit!

Cant say Im not doing my bit for the Greek economy.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expectations

Hey

Jazzer: I was in Lindos for most of May this year before meandering down to Pefki. Didnt notice any difference, chilled, relaxed and met some great people including Dave, Linda, Jo, Bohemian Jo (Brightongirl), Marcus amongst others. Happy days

M

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expectations

Santorini amazing

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Expectations

I heard that the bingo, karaoke, mud wrestling and line dancing nights in Pefkos were very quiet without you there this year Jazzer LOL

I gave 2012 a bodyswerve but am making up for it next year with 2 visits in 7 weeks

Edited: 20 November 2012, 19:20
Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,589 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expectations

Hi all

Have booked to go to Lindos again first week in September next year, Lindos Horizons as well :-) ...so looking forward to it..

But our trips to Crete this year....May, July and September...didnt really notice a difference in the "amount " of tourists just the nationality of the tourists, ...............again the Russian tourists do seem to be becoming the majority in some of the resorts in Crete, but they do tend to favour the AI type resorts.

middlesbrough
Level Contributor
897 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expectations

Hi babs I'm good thanks, seems your jollys were like your wine nice and chilled,must say I've not strayed upon any Russians on my travels,did they appear of a nighttime in the village, or daytime visitors, ah yes xeno memories of good old pefki lol, Bhow come you missed out this year, did you owe somebody a bevvy,but nice one two visits next year, and lucky babs hitting a three weeker yippee, talk about set in your ways though, with the 60s bar closed, apart from socs n the courtyard,vi don't recall over the years spending a great deal of time in many other bars, can't remember Lola combo of drink and age methinks,cheers

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expectations

I was there from 3rd to 17th this year not as from 6th as I put in previous post! Lol.

Lots of Russians in the evenings in the bars/tavernas Jazzer as well as on the beach during the day.

I wouldn't let the Greek economy dictate as to whether or not I travel there, if I go I'm helping, aren't I? Lol.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expectations

May and July I took my own crowd with me so didn't notice any difference but September did seem a bit quiet early doors. A few bar owners I spoke to said they'd noticed the same, people were still coming out but much later at night... money saving I guess?

I also noticed a few Black Russians and White Russians of an evening ;D How have you managed a year without ouzo ice-cream Jazzer?