We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes Rock 13

norfolk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes Rock 13

Not been before and keen to know how easy it is to get to and from the main gigs. Will need to use public transport.

Thanks

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

Most performances take place in or near Lindos

So within walking distance

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

The 3 main gigs are all in Lindos. 2 at st paul's bay 10 minute walk. The other one is at the old ancient amphitheatre in the village. There is also gigs in various bars in lindos over the 2 weeks. They provide coaches to gigs outside lindos.

norfolk
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

Thanks. Can you get tickets there or pre-book?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

If you go to www.classicrocktours.co.UK all the info is on there.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

I usually get tickets from Alex, George or Theo in Socrates bar. But, if you want to go to all events including VIP concerts/parties, probably best to book up via the RR website.

Southend-on-Sea...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

My husband and I are going to nearby Pefkos on June 19th. We love Lindos but we have only just realised that Rhodes rocks is 'on' whilst we are there. I know we are too late to get tickets for the main gigs (before we arrive !) but would love to spend at least one evening in one of the bars . enjoying the music and the atmosphere. is there any way to get tickets for an evening/two evenings once we arrive ? Any way to pre-pay pre-book to save disappointment ? It seems the Rhodes Rocks site only sells tickets for a week - whcih must be great - but we arent there during the entire week . Any ideas please ? Thanks

Karen (married to Harley loving ageing rocker :-) - if you cant beat 'em join 'em! )

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

As Xeno says - get your tickets from Theo or Alex at Socrates bar or the Athina hotel.

Southend-on-Sea...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

Thanks, although I saw the post I wasnt sure if you had to be a regular ...will make that our first stop en route to Pefkos . Fingers crossed .

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

there aren't any ticketed gigs after the 17th I'm afraid (the Rhodes Rock 1 weekers go home on Wednesday 19th) so it will be VIP wristbands and even then on a first come first served basis. You could get lucky I suppose and be allowed in if space allows, although the whole village centres on the Rockier side during this time so I think you will still appreciate the vibe and will be mixing with like minded people in most of the bars and around the village in general. As suggested check out the classic rock tours website (show schedules) and Rhodes Rock friends and family on Facebook for more info and general banter

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rhodes Rock 13

Just turn up at Socrates bar Karen. It is the centre of the Lindos universe during RR and there will still be lots of ageing rockers and loud music. You will have missed the 3 main events the previous week but there will still be a buzz to the bar and the rest of the village.

Look out for Eddie too - wee guy, longish grey hair in ringlets (dare I say mullet ?) He runs RR and might get you in to a private gig if you promise to buy him a slush puppy or two ;-)

Edited: 01 February 2013, 11:32