We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos - a few general questions

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Lindos - a few general questions

Hello me again. I have a few questions if you don't mind (please bear with me again as this is only our second holiday abroad so might sound like a complete numpty)

How does the shuttle transfer work. Is it a coach and you just bundle on and they do various drops along the way? got a quote from travel republic for £32 return for two seems reasonable. Would you recommend to book now do the prices increase?

What was the price of the sun beds for main beach and Pallas beach last season and are there pedelos to hire?

Is it usual to tip in lindos?

Are there supermarkets in lindos to stock up on goodies?

Will we need mosquito repellant etc? Travelling end June.

Are there any website for boat trips etc? I have only found the glass boat trip so far.

Looking forward to receiving your responses many thanks

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

The shuttle is a usually a smaller coach but it could be a larger coach or a taxi if it makes economic sense to the company providing the servce it would seem. You need to check in at a desk as you exit the arrivals hall and they tell you what number coach to get on and it's whereabouts. I'm not sure if the price varies but what you have been quoted sounds about right, and yes it can drop off in several places on the island before it gets to Lindos. You may have the option to state where you would like to be dropped off when you book but in all honesty if it's a coach the only options are Krana Sq or Lindos Reception for those staying in the village.

Sun beds are 4e each and pedaloes can be hired from the main beach. You have a choice of mini market type shops some with more choice than others but all sell the essentials like water and other beveridges ;0)

Mosquitos aren't considered a big problem in the village probably because of the lack of pools and vegetation but I usually take a plug-in and some spray just in case although these are thing easily bought in the village if you prefer.

There isn't a large tipping culture but most people I know do round up a bill at least.

I'm not aware of many boat trips from Lindos apart from the glass-bottom one and the lazy days cruise..you can easily book excursions whilst there through the travel offices in the village though.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

cheers for that btongirl! with the shuttle if it drops at lindis reception are we responsible for getting luggage to maris rather than it being delivered i think i read if you are package deal it gets taken for you? perhaps i should check with maris i think they meet you somewhere! i have 5 months to wait but feel ready to go

now! just one othet thing about sunbeds, if you hire is it for full day like can you go off for lunch for hour or so and leave your towels etc

and return after? many thanks

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

cheers for that btongirl! with the shuttle if it drops at lindis reception are we responsible for getting luggage to maris rather than it being delivered i think i read if you are package deal it gets taken for you? perhaps i should check with maris i think they meet you somewhere! i have 5 months to wait but feel ready to go

now! just one othet thing about sunbeds, if you hire is it for full day like can you go off for lunch for hour or so and leave your towels etc

and return after? many thanks

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

I'm not 100 pc on that to be honest I did the shuttle for the first time last year and chose to be dropped off at Krana because I arrived in the early hours of Monday morning and Lindos Reception was closed. I will try and find out from Melanie who runs it but I really don't think you need to worry about it as Maris will advise you nearer the time where they will meet you and your luggage.

As far as the sunbeds go the price is for the whole day and I have always been happy to leave my stuff on the sunbed while I go for lunch or even nip back to my room. If you have anything of high value it would be sensible to take it with you but in my experience there has never been an issue but guess you can never say never and it would only take 1 rogue person to pass through and prove everyone wrong.

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
861 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

Re Mosquitoes. Rhodes has mosquitoes all year round. Perhaps the other poster is lucky enough not to be bothered by them but this is certainly not the case for everybody. If you are prone to being bitten - they like some people's blood and not others - then I strongly suggest buying, at the very least, a plug and pellets. I've seen so many people's holidays marred by these pesky critters at ALL times of the season.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

Looking at the website, it states that luggage will be collected by their Porter from Lindos Square, and not Reception!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,343 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

The Main Square is nearer for Maris so that makes sense. If you're on a shuttle bus the closest they will drop you is Krana Square and if you don't fancy dragging your cases down the hill (I wouldn't) just jump in a cab, it's maybe a minutes journey.

As for mozzies both comments are correct. There are definitely less mozzies in Lindos than other parts of the island but if you normally suffer, chances are you will in Lindos too without repellant.

Edited: 15 January 2013, 12:31
Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

Well its all been said really,

No problems leaving towels etc on sunbeds, and if youre really worried there are tavernas close to most that you can clearly see your bed from.

There is a small mini market a short walk from Maris, you'll pass it on the way up there it has all the essentials but there are two bigger ones on the main drag in the village next door to each other near Yannis Bar.

Ive always been eaten alive by mozzies on trips to Greece but in 10 years of going to Lindos havent been bitten once! I do however take vitamins with added B6 and B12 and apparently thats what keeps them at bay!

Have a great time!

Babs

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

Well spotted andy thank you. I do tend to get bitten so better take some just in case. I will add that to my list!

This place sounds amazing I really can't wait to get there!

I'm off to book the shuttle thanks again.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,705 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos - a few general questions

Sorry to divert a thread and I have to admit I have not not done my research yet but your comments on the shuttle caught my attention. We will be staying in Lindos also at Maris and have a flight from Rhodes. What is the best way to get to the airport from Lindos. Our flight is at 11 am. I had thought to have a rental car for our last day to do some sightseeing and just drop it off at the airport

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.