We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Midlands
Level Contributor
76 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Thinking of booking for Lindos Gardens and wondered if any previous guest can advise as to whether or not they have had any problems with cockroaches or spiders there?

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Spiders are not considered nasty insects by many (some would say beneficial) and I would be lying if I said you would be very unlikely to see a large one. I had a run in with a very large one at the crack of dawn last year...not harmful apparently but I had a few very long couple of hours keeping a close eye on it until the supermarket opened and I could buy some crawling insect spray :( (which would work for cockroaches too if you were unlucky to have a visit from a stray one). If like me you can't share a room with either I would just advise you to buy some spray when you arrive...just in case there isn't a willing insect evicter available at your beck and call!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Hey

I bet it was a bit of a shock for Dawn as well

M

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

In her crack! uuurrrggghhhh!!

Seriously, if you come across any spiders, hairspray works wonders if you dont have any 'insect' repellant... Mrs R swears by it :-)

Edited: 06 March 2013, 10:44
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Hairspray Andy...wouldn't that mean passing Insects would stick in your hair?....agree I might spray a british spider with hairspray (or anthing) to ensure it stays still enough to stamp on effectively...but this one looked as big as my foot (size 4) at the time! Mart.....Mart...be careful someone could get the wrong idea about you ;0)

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Hi We have been to LG 8 times and have NEVER seen any cockroaches (thats not to say there are not any) come to think of it can't really say have seen any in Lindos at all. Lets be honest insects can be any where if they get the chance so LG is no different to any where else Just book it you will love it.

Lyn

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Hey

Must admit I have stayed at LG a few times n never seen any cockroaches, or Dawn either. In fact in 25 years I have never seen any in Lindos. Have seen a couple in Pefki but no dramas. Its a warm humid climate so u have to expect some nasties, even size 4 ones.

I wouldnt worry too much

M

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

No, no, no. Just catch the spiders and free them. Lovely creatures. Now if anyone wants me to accompany them to save them from these arachnids, I'm free most dates lol.

Denise.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

A few years ago when I was up at the crack of dawn I spotted a cockroach but it was at Aphrodite and it was a small one.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 20:11
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Hey

It seems Dawn let herself go a little, too many Miki Gyros, who knows?

M

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos Garden Apartments - any nasty insects?

Staying in Lindos last year i had THE biggest cockroach that i have ever seen, living in my apartment for about 3 days. It was first spotted in the bathroom during the night but quickly vanished, phew!!

A couple of days later, again at night laying on the bed reading when something caught my eye... there it was sitting on a towel that had been draped over a chair. I knew it was the same one because of it's size. OMG, that critter was chased all over the apartment and eventually tracked down hiding under the tablecloth, where it took it's last breath.

I would like to add that i have visited Lindos many, many times and this is the first cockroach that i have ever seen and i truly hope that it will be my last.