We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vassos apts

Newcastle upon...
13 posts
Save Topic
vassos apts

Anyone tell me roughly the location of the vassos apts ive stayed at the Gregory and kyriokas in the past are they near theses

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vassos apts

Hey

I am pretty sure Vassos is located near 'cats corner' at the top of the path leading down to the main beach (where u duck under the archway and find yourself at Coralli beach bar).

Mixed reviews I believe but.never stayed there

Mart

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vassos apts

Mart.

You are right as you head towards the main beach. Before cats corner.

They have some metal gate and railings to the entrance. Friends stayed they last September. Basic but great for beach and village.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vassos apts

Yep Vassos are the ones at the top of the steps that lead down to the main beach 'cat alley'. Not heard many good reviews sadly, like most Olympic properties they are old and tired, the outdoor area is narrow and shaded, and I think you would only have views from the upper floor. They are, however an a very good location for both the main/pallas beach and the village, just a couple mins walk to the main square.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: vassos apts

Booked once but couldn't stay! Agree great location for beach & village and the friendliest and most adorable cats just down the alley. Pretty sure there could be worse places to stay...location location location if you get a good price go for it!

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vassos apts

Met peter51-12 last year in Lindos. Met one of his mates (we were on the same flight from Birmingham) and he was staying at Vassos. When we met up with him on our return he said the apartments were okay and had stayed at worse. We were staying at Afrodite. Both properties are with Olympic holidays. We had a fantastic view and were a couple of minutes from the square. As btongirl says...location. I wouldn't hesitate if the price was right.

Denise.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,451 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vassos apts

Well you should have the location from the above posts. They are basic and very dated but clean (last time I visited anyway). The only downside if you like your outside space, is that they only have an enclosed, narrow strip of a courtyard which gets very little sun. Also being so close to cats corner, the courtyard seems to make a very feline friendly toilet :-/ That said, use nearby Rainbird for your early doors/courtyard drinks and you're sorted!

Earth
Level Contributor
12 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vassos apts

Vassos Apartments are indeed just above cat corner. It's a pretty quiet area overall and with good access to the main beach and easy access into the village.

The accomodation is basic be prepared to check the provided kettle for safe operation. If you are taking electronic items you may find it a good idea to purchase an extension lead as there aren't many sockets in the apartments.

Enjoy

Tom & Terri

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: vassos apts

If you have a choice ask for pros and cons before you book...I booked Vassos but didn't feel right to me so moved to a privately rented place as I could afford it at the time and felt I would be much happier elsewhere. Location was a plus and the apartment I was allocated was 2 rooms plus shower room so roomy comparatively...other than that well I wouldn't book it again unless I had no choice or knew it had had a major refurb.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: vassos apts

Vassos apts always seem to be available with OH and very often seem to be the last to go. I've always thought there must be a reason for that and have stayed clear. I can check them out in May if anyone wants further info ? En route to Rainbird of course ! Yammas.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 19:08
Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: vassos apts

Stayed in Vassos once, several years ago. Couldn't stay there as it was in a bad state of repair and we found cats in the wardrobe. I don't know if they all have the same layout but the one we had meant having to exit the main room onto the little space at the front where the toilet and shower were located (not a lot of space between me and people using the path down to the beach).

Location wise, yes it's handy for the beach and the Rainbird and a fairly easy stagger back after a few ouzos.

Pat