We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Hols on internet

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic Hols on internet

I've just been looking on the Olympic website with a friend re October hols. Is it too early yet? There's little available in the village. Actually only Vassos. Usually you get Avra and def Aphroditi. Any one else found this? They can't all be booked surely!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Hey

Babs: I have noticed this, the way OH advertise n release their packages are always a little peculiar. Unless yr in the business I dont think we will ever know why this is. I am quietly confident that there are properties available for Oct 13 such as Avra, Afrodite etc but we will wait n see.

M

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Hi Mart, I just found it really odd as Aphroditi are always available right up to last min. I can't believe how much some prices have gone up, ie Thomas Cook, a few weeks ago a week 2nd Oct was about £380 at Philipos, today £540!!!! My friend wants to come for a week same time as me but that's way out of her budget, and stupid a I've paid £616 for 3 weeks. Maybe I'll pop into travel agents to see what they can come up with.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Hey

Babs: quietly confident prices may change a little for the better as the season does progress. In terms of Pefkos, OH prices are poor. Two weeks in Coralli or Palm Bay early June from JLA/Man costs 650 Euros plus whereas Travelsoon/Beat the brochure come in at 520 all in

M

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,296 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Try doing a search from another airport Babs, sometimes that brings up more availability. No idea why Olympic only show selected properties from certain airports but if that's the case they can normally sort out a price over the phone.

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

No chance Vassos could sign up with any other tour op IMHO so safe bet for Olympic to market in advance...and if they did they would be able to confidently offer accomodation of an equal standard ;0)

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Babs - I can get Avra or Vassos (ex Glasgow) for £316 the 1st week of October. No problems !!

Edited: 24 March 2013, 21:52
Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

have you checked flight only prices for her Babs? if there are cheap flights still available chances are the package might come down or you could consider independent route as alternative to c £500 . If the flights are dear or not available chances are the package will only be reduced last minute if unsold.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Hi Babs, It may possibly be a little early to book for October. Last year i booked end of August and got a cheap flight from my local airport, then sorted out somewhere to stay. There was still a fair amount of choice of places to stay and it worked out cheaper than a package.

Don't rush into anything yet.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Xeno, that's more like it!

Checked flight only and they where coming up at same price, £316

She can only fly from Man and she would want 2nd Oct. She won't know if she can have the time off work till Aug, we were just checking prices and what was available. I was surprised to see OH lack of accomm available!

Will keep checking. Thanks all!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Olympic Hols on internet

Vassos is £389 ex Manchester for that date.

How friendly are you with your friend ? What about her/him just getting a flight and dossing in your room in the extra bed and giving you some wine tokens in return for your generosity ? ;-]