We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,057 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Hi there

I would lioke to try out some of the restaurants in Lindos there is that many could members please tell me of their favourites here . I am staying in pefkos but would love to have some meals in lindos as i beleive its magical in the evenings from what i have been told and a lot of them have roof tops with great views. I will be there in two weeks time cant wait.

thanks

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Hi

Lindos has a few decent restaurants as you say although they tend to get very busy in high season. Dionysos is built on three or four balconies and has great views. It's situated on a corner as you walk towards the Acroplolis steps.

If you're staying in Pefkos, we can recommend three excellent restaurants that we dined in several times. First is the Artemis Gardens; this is on the right of the main street as you walk towards the Lardos end of town. Almost next door is the Blue Bay. The best in our opinion is Inixis. We ate there four or five times over the fortnight and it was superb. To find Inixis, walk along the main street from the central crossroads towards the Lindos end, it's about a ten minute stroll. Inixis sits at the top of 15 or so stone steps on the left and has views to die for. The service is great, very nice people, superb food and variety and the prices are unbelievable for what you get. We never paid more than 22 euros for two starters, two main dishes and a litre of house red.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

i would suggest ARCHONTIKO in lindos

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

I would suggest Kalypso in Lindos. it's rooftop restaurant has some fantasic views and the staff are really friendly. They offer a wide range of Greek meals and the prices are very reasonable.

Also in Pefkos i found the Two Brothers restaurant on the main street to be very good prices and the food was nice. If you fancy a change from Greek food, i found the indian in Pefkos, the one a few doors along from Eclipse bar, to be better than any i have tasted in the UK.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
359 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Mavrikos rest. on square where taxi rank is. Rated best on Greek islands.

Professional.also Philosophia in Pefkos

sheffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Hi jenson, we had our wedding reception at the Archontiko in Lindos.

It is said to be the best resteraunt in Lindos and it didn't let us down... the food was fantastic. The staff were allfantastic too.

In Pefkos I'd highly reccomend Colliseum resteraunt and also Enigma resteraunt.

Sara

Boston...
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

When I was in Lindos last year I fell in love with Ambrosia. The mushroom saganaki is to die for. And the owner, I regretfully forget his name, is incredibly nice. They have a great house wine and a very nice wine list. His wife owns the Lindos Spa which is also fabulous if you are into that sort of thing :-)

York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

I would recommend...

Ambrosia - lovely restaurant, great service, prices, food and wine. The sea bass that is caught fesh that day and filleted at your table is just the best.

The Coutyard (opposite the bank) is also lovely, sit under the lemon tree or on one of the roof terraces overlooking the acropolis

Aprodite (abit further along on the right from the bakery) also has a roof terrace and great food. Family run restaurant that I have been going to when in Lindos for the past 17 years! My week in Lindos in Sept will be my 18th visit!

Gelo Blu (adjacent to Ambrosia) has a superb range of home cooked cakes and pastries and wonderful icecream and sorbet...have a wander after dinner and have desert at Gelo Blu followed by a drink or 2 outside the Museum Bar (opposite), sit outside and people watch!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

How could i have forgotten Gelo Blu! Def a must for a slice of chocolate roulade and a strawberry milkshake.

Best cakes and ice cream in Lindos.

newcastle
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

oooohhhhhhhh gelo blu

ice cream with baileys poured over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait

3 weeks tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favourite restaurants in Lindos

Ah Suntancream i was also a regular visitor to Aphroditi and i've some bad news for you - it's closed! The bakery had closed also but there is a new one opening a few doors down.

I agree with the recommendations so far-

Dionysos won an award on thelindianway 2 years running as favourite restaurant.

Mavrikos is beautiful - and the only restaurant in Lindos with a Michelin star.

Ambrosia always a favourite of mine (George is the owner and the previous post is right he's a great host). It's quite a smart venue and i'd say more suited to couples than families.

One that's not been mentioned but also a great place to eat is Med East (you'll find it on the right as you walk uphill from the main square). Great views and even better food.

I guess now you're completely spoilt for choice!