We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos to ? Where bus !!

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Hi, we are staying at Lindos horizon for the 2nd time later in the year. Last time we went which was 3 yrs ago we caught a bus and spent the day in pefkos. Where else could we jump on a bus to that's worth a day out?. Was thinking faliraki but not to sure we're too old, we are in our 40's and don't want to be doing clubs etc, but wouldn't mind spending a day there for shopping and a change if scenery for a day.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Hi there

Top bet would be to spend a day in Rhodes Town/Old Town where there's enough to keep you occupied for 2 or 3 days. The buses terminate on the west side of the agora from where it's a shaded 5 minute walk to the Eleftherias Gate into the Old Town. Once there, you have museums, fountains, mosques, churches, wide squares, huge fortifications, temples and good, albeit touristy shopping on the main pedestrianised street "Sokratous".

There are also loads of restaurants and bars but avoid the ones in the main squares as they are well known for overcharging. A great, inexprensive spot for lunch is the Island Lipsi taverna which sits on Agisandrou St, which runs parallel to Odos Ippoton, the Street of the Knights. which is the first major cobbled street on the right as you come in from Eleftherias Gate

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

goaaddict2

I am always amused by comments such as yours about being too old for Faliraki

You are only in your 40s

We live in Faliraki & my wife & I are in our 60s

So come to Faliraki please.We need you to spend some euros. hahaha

Bar street isnt just bars / clubs.

Some great shops as well in this notorious street . LOL

Stylish clothes,gift shops etc & a brill Ice cream parlour.

If you want time on the beach spend time on Kathara bay on the southern end of Faliraki beach.

The pretty harbour is nearby as are some good tavernas

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Lol Trevor I am seriously considering a day in faliraki. Just wont tell my kids I've been ha ha.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Hey

Take a 15 minute bus ride inland into Lardos, a lovely little Greek village, have a late afternoon meal n a few drinks mmmm.

Alternatively (although only a couple of buses a day) go to Haraki, a small seaside village with bars/rest lining the sea front, its lovely and has Agathi Beach nearby (20 min walk), best beach on the island imo

M

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Faliraki has a lovely beach and some great restaurants but I don't rate it for shopping. Lots of tourist garb and cheap tat, in my opinion.

Rhodes Town is THE place on the island for shopping. Lots of souvenirs, art, leather and fur in the Old Town with some fantastic designer shops in the New Town.

Lardos is also a good choice. Not a lot to see but some great places to eat, a couple of great bars to sit and watch the world go by and a real, cosy feel to the place.

wolverhampton
Level Contributor
981 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Thanks for your helpful places to visit I will add them to my list ; )

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

As its been said, Rhodes Town is a must. What about Kalithia Spa? Archangelos? Quite a lot of places on route from Lindos to Rhodes Town. You can also go from Rhodes Town on to other towns in Rhodes.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Marcus.

Yes, Faliraki has tourist garb & cheap tat but then so does Lindos.

Now in Faliraki there are some good clothes shops etc to rival those in Rhodes town

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

Hey

goaddict2: remember to spend some time in Lindos ;-)

M

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,534 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos to ? Where bus !!

I did say in my opinion, I think your idea of good clothes and mine are two different things Trevor lol