We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Hey guys, I know the self catering facilities at Lindos View are quite limited. I was just wondering what pots/pans/plates/cutlery they offer (if any) or if we would need to take anything with us?

Thanks,

Lauren

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,564 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Don't worry you'll find all the basics, saucepans, frying pan and enough crockery and cutlery for as many as the studio/apt holds. It's the actual cooking facilities that are limited, normally just 2 electric rings.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Hey

Chances are u will not use them that often, in 24/25 years Ive cooked boiled eggs n noodles (twice)

M

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

As Marcus has said, you will find enough for how many the accommodation holds. 2 of each cups, saucers, plates bowls, glasses etc in a 2 bed studio, 3 of each in a 3 bed etc. This is the same in most self catering accomm in Lindos. Sometimes you may find a few extras. There is also usually a frying pan, a large pan plus a pan for boiling water (like a tall milk pan). And usually enough sharp knives, bread knife, serving spoons, colander, etc. And to be honest if you need anything else you can pick most things up at supermarkets for a few euros. I have done in past and just left them behind.

You'll probably find you only make the odd salad or sandwich in your accomm anyway. Also as said you will only have 2 Elec rings to cook on. But you'll be surprised what you can do with a bit of imagination and improvisation lol.

The only thing I find difficult is the tin opener and corkscrews they have but I manage, after all its only for a couple of weeks!

Edited: 15 April 2013, 18:52
Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

I'm sure they will have everything you require............... but................... no toaster!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Hey

Andy, have u not sought counselling for that, was it u with the original toaster query.

M

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Hi,

We stayed in the Lindos View last year, there were adequate pots ,pans, plates, cutlery etc. not that we used much of it.

The biggest problem i had was with the cork screw, i broke the first one on the first night, saw the maid in the morning for a replacement and broke that on the second night, went to reception for a third one and managed to nurse that through for the rest of the holiday.

Not sure if their cork screws are particularly poor or I'm particularly useless.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

LOL... yep, was me Mart.... thinking about taking my own this year... I mean, they dont weigh much!

Stu092, might be worth looking for bottles with screw tops ;-)

Edited: 15 April 2013, 19:43
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Hey

Bloody hell, corkscrew/bottle opener or toaster or both?? Difficult one! Hey Andy, u obviously love yr toast, nothing wrong with that dude

M

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Andy, you mean you don't use a cork screw to remove a screw top then, no wonder i kept breaking them ;0)

Funny, i never actually thought about looking for screw tops even after my disasters with the cork screw(s)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos View Self Catering Facilities

Thanks everyone. I will bare in mind about the cork screw and tin opener. I think I'll be ok without a toaster.. :)!