We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where next?

Penrith, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where next?

I stayed in Rhodes a few years ago and absolutely loved it. The old town and Lindos and everything really. I'd like to try a different island this time and am looking for suggestions as there are so many choices and the travel sites make them all sound amazing. It will be just me and my boyfriend, although we enjoy the hot weather i can only sunbathe for about half an hour at a time before i get bored so looking for history and culture, and good, traditional places to eat, can anyone help?

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where next?

Petra or Molyvos in Lesvos. Though Molyvos doesn't really have much of a beach. Petra is a good base with lots of lovely places to eat and all you need. Molyvos is a short taxi ride along the coast.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where next?

Hey

I have always liked the look of Paleocastritsa on Corfu, it looks charming.

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where next?

Hey

Sorry Paleo' fans, that should of been with a 'k'.

Mart

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where next?

And Paleo (with a k) is a bit passe (with an acute)

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where next?

How about a small resort in Crete near Knossos or, dare I say it, Turkey. Plenty of seaside places near the ruins of Ephesus

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where next?

Another idea for you. Spend a few days in Athens 9 plenty of culture and good restaurants) the take a ferry to one of the Sporades (ie Skiathos) of Cyclades (I like Paros, Ios, Naxos .....)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where next?

Santorini and Crete are my favourites! Both have lots of interest to see.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where next?

Santorini and Crete are my favourites! Both have lots of interest to see.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where next?

hi why not try kefalonia such a great island great beaches wonderful peaple and the food to die for been there 10 or 11 times 1st time when they made the film fell in love with it and just kept going back hope this helps

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
139 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where next?

Like Xeno says, a nice resort near Knossos and Ancient Malia, Sissi. It's a former fishing hamlet, with many good tavernas. An other option is the Peloponessos, mainland. A lot of ancient ruins to explore and nice places to stay, like Koroni or Methoni.