We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Me and the misses are off to Lindos on 14-28 May so if there is any qustions you want answering whilst out there please just stick it on here.

The hotel has wifi access around the pool so at least once a day I will log on to check my emails (except may be when we do a all-day trip to Rhodes Town or longer exercursions).

I will of course do a fuller review when I return. We are staying at the Lindos Horizon.

1baloo

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Enjoyed your updates immensely. Only 28 sleeps to go!

Scotland
Level Contributor
45 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Loving your reports, we are going to LH start of August, think it will be mega hot hot then! Take it the wifi at pool/ hotel is good? Kids taking iPads for evening. It's been over 10 years since our visit to lindos and so looking forward to it, first time for my sister and all 3 kids. Enjoy the rest if your holiday.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Talking of the shops as you walk into the village, if you go past the donkey stop and a little further down is a small cafe on the right hand side which has about 4 tables outside it. You can see the grey haired man inside preparing the food and his wife serves people on the tables outside. She is lovely and the food is delicious especially the warm baclava which is gorgeous. Straight ahead of this is the kebab shop you were talking about earier where they do the best Gyros, mmmmm Gyros...mmmmm.Also further into the village there is a place called Marios and again although it does not look modern we have enjoyed every meal we had there which was at least 4 the last time we were in lindos. Thomas who runs Marios is a lovely fella and is really welcoming but is run off his feet. We arrive in lindos on Saturday night late so will be strolling into the village early sunday morning to rent a car from Marathon hopefully.Continue to enjoy Lindos and make the most of it.

Edited: 22 May 2013, 22:59
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

23rd May thermometer read 24C BUT it was very cloudy today.

Went to Rhodes Town again for abit of shopping & sightseeing.

Town lovely, lie Libdos but bigger. €5 each way per person.

Had a great meal yesterday in MYTHOS. I organised balloons and flowers at a table with a lovely view and a Birthday cake to finish of with via Sambikos (Ice T lookalike!) who works the night shift at Lindos Horizon. Went down great! Food is good, reasonably priced and restaurant has nice lighting, flowing water and greenery to break up the normal square surroundings of YE building. Well Done MYTHOS.

Not sure what we re doing tonight as had long day in Rhodes and already eaten a big Gyro and hotdog in Rhodes Town. Hav curry house penciled in for tomorrow and Maria's for Saturday/Sunday.

POINT TO NOTE: the restaurant owners fight for your custom and block your path or pull out a chair in your path to almost force you to sit down. A polite NO THANK YOU will sort it and they smile an say 'next time'. That was the only bad side. Apart from that go for the day to Rhodes Town.

Pick the cloudy days for your walks / Rhodes Town excursions as it can get very stuffy and hot in the Old Town walking around.

Prices off food (beer €4.20 on sea front) is well over priced with only a view of a road and traffic driving past. Save your € and where the bus drops you off DIRECTLY in front of you s a takeaway place which does big Gyros for €2.30 and burgers/drins/pizzas etc much cheaper than the equivalent at a table. Then once consumed go towards the marina TURN RIGHT and he entrance to Old Town is 100meters on your right.....easy.

Expected to be cloudy again tomorrow so will do the walk to the tomb early morning, some souvenir shopping and find out about wdb30's cream.....sorry mate forgot last night.

Cold all of a sudden now (1750) by pool but it is very overcast. Give my skin time to rest before more sun expected this weekend.

WiFi is only at the pool area and very good; possibly in rooms closest to the bar in BLOCK 1. In my full report I will have pics of the blocks with numbers so you can request these rooms in case they have wifi in them. BEAR IN MIND THOUGH most of us end up in the bar after our nights out and the music will be playing until the last person leaves or 2am when pool bar shuts so will be heard in BLOCK 1 apartments. We cannot hear it in BLOCK4 (furthest away).

1Baloo

Suffolk
Level Contributor
96 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Cracking update you should charge for this! Thanks re the cream :-)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Sounds like you had a good time in Rhodes Town, will definitely be paying a visit there during our stay in Lindos.

Really looking forward to your full report on your return. I think we will try and requst a block further away (block 4) from the bar also, that way when we fancy an early night we won't be disturbed.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Thanks for the updates 1BALOO. Tell us how the tomb walk goes. Planning to do it in September.

Denise.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Loving the daily reviews 1BALOO. I'm staying at Horizon in September, so your updates have been great to read. Enjoy your walk to the Tomb, done it a few times and the views from up there are amazing.

Shell.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Hi 1baloo, We got a free music night too, we were in Lambis Studios, and could hear it clearly! Can't believe the temp has dropped so much, when we left on Wednesday, it was high 20's.....I think we lucked out with our week as it had been raining before we arrived on the 15th, and seems to be cooling since we left on the 22nd!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
769 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Going to Lindos14-28 May 2013.....

Afternoon, thermometer reads 28C by the pool.

Started very cloudy today so went for the Kleoboules Tomb Walk (2 hour walk there & back with time to take photos of Lindos at an easy pace). Very nice walk not too rocky or strenuous EXCEPT for the short climb UP to the tomb itself which was abit steep & rocky and unsteady. When you do it place a rock/stone on the path as it is a nice thing to do and helps others with the route (although path is very clear). If you are not too mobile but still like a good walk please do it anyway as the walk will give you the best views of Lindos!!!

Anyway the tomb is a small brick structure with not much else to see so you do no miss much if you cannot climb this little bit; you get to walk past the new Yannis Tomb (looks like a small Cleopatras Needle) & past the old windmill and get fab views of Lindos.

Had a beer/snack in OASIS bar on way back (which is on route to the beginning of the walk) which was good value and had lovely views over the harbour. There are free parking spaces here and I have photos icehouse and signs to look for but it is very easy to find follow the MAIN BEACH sign at the square, past all the shops on your right, roads bends to your right and on that bend a BROWN sign (like in UK for our historical attractions) to follow the Tomb Walk. My girlfriend did walk in flip flops so it shows you how easy it is (except last bit limping up!). As shell1876

As we returned sun is out, boiling hot, no clouds in the sky and app says 26-28 for our last 4 nights here.

WDB30 your cream is €2 for a 15g tube; pharmacist in village kept it in a fridge.

Last night had a curry in THE TAJ MAHAL and it was brilliant; really tasty proper food cooked by Banglaheshi owners. €55 Euros for poppadom starters, 4 large beers, 1/2 carafe of rosé wine, 4 chappatis, 1 peshwari nan, madras and jalfrezi mains and sag aloo on the side. Plenty of food and I was stuffed. Lovely view, lots of people in restaurent and you could hear them say how lovely it was.

Girlfriend wants to catch some rays so rest of day by pool so she can make sure she is brown before she goes back to work next Weds! (Looks the same to me as when we left Stansted Airport!).

Will go to ST.PAULS BAY tomorrow or Sunday as it looks brill and the girlfriend wants to see people getting married I am sure(!)

Almost forgot the Church of Palagonie ( not spelt right but on things to see/do in Libdos) is beautiful. It is in the village, free to enter and you can take photos WITHOUT FLASH even though signs says no photos. It is a beautiful inside in the middle if the village. Go inside and see.

That's today's ramblings over for my motley crew following me on this 2week blog. Any questions please ask away. Will try to answer them after I get out of pool...too hot on the lounger.

1Baloo