We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

small planet airlines

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
small planet airlines

Well first flight from gatwick this season was just 19 minutes late this morning. Was a bit concerned about the reliability of them. What was flight like . We go 3 weeks today. Look forward to your reply.

Earth
Level Contributor
12 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: small planet airlines

Olympic sneakily changed the flight time from 0930 to 1010 but didn't have the courtesy to tell anyone.

Check in incredibly slow as they only had three out of 4 desks operational.

Small Planet operate 737s which are much smaller than the usual airbus planes.

Legroom adequate (I'm 6'1").

Service very slow and ran out of wine quickly.

Inshort the usual cattle style charter airline. Still better tban the unlamented Strategic though.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: small planet airlines

Hi Des, thanks for your comments regarding your recent flight with us, please can you advise the flight number and date you travelled on so we can investigate your comments regarding beverages. Many Thanks SPA

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: small planet airlines

Hi small planet.

I was a bit concerned as small planet was the third airline Olympic holidays had put us on since we booked last June. First it was strategic then travel services then last week small planet. Only 45 minutes difference in flight departure. Anyway its good to see that you want to check the problems on the previous flight. We look forward to travelling with you to rhodes on the 5th of June. And 19 minutes delay is no big deal for a charter airline at Gatwick.

Thanks for you concerns.

Earth
Level Contributor
12 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: small planet airlines

Hi SPA,

We were on P7481 from Gatwick on 15/5. The white wine had run out before the cabin crew were halfway down the plane.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,405 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: small planet airlines

Hey

I must admit its refreshing to see SPA taking the time to communicate on here and ask about the issues raised. Cant remember Strategic doing that ;-)

Mart

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: small planet airlines

I fly out to Larnaca, Cyprus, 1st June 2013 and just discovered the airline has changed to my 'Olympic Holidays' booking from Travel Service to Small Planet and there are differences to the baggage allowance so I need clarification to what my allowance actually is so we are not charged extra at check in.

Flights P7443 and return P7444 - 2 adults, 1 infant (9 months)

Would it be 15kg or 20kg each adult and what is the allowance for my baby? I would also need to know if i can bring our travel cot or if there is charges for this?

Also, is there a way of knowing what aircrafts we will be on? Ive read some horrific reviews on this airline and im not a fussy person but i want an enjoyable flight for my baby and my boyfriend is a fussy person...

Amy :-)

manchester
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: small planet airlines

i am flying with small planet on the 29th may from manchester to larnaca i would like to know what airplane its gonna operate this flight. and can i hace a buggy for my baby with me?

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: small planet airlines

Hi Snm u, the aircraft operating this route is a 737 300. You may take a buggy this will need to be checked into the hold. Many Thanks SPA

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: small planet airlines

Thanks Des, we have reported this to the appropriate department. Many Thanks SPA

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: small planet airlines

Hi AmyG, please go back to your tour operator Olympic Holidays regarding your flight carrier. Many Thanks SPA.