We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to go around - from Lindos

Maribor, Slovenia
1 post
Save Topic
The best way to go around - from Lindos

Hi,

we are going to lindos- vylicha bay in june, staying there for a week.

Can someone let me know if there is a good bus service, to other towns (not just rhodes town), like faliraki, parsonisi, pefkos, and other.

or it is better to rent a car?

I would be realy happy to get any information.

Thanks

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to go around - from Lindos

Yes there is a bus service but obviously hiring a car gives you much more scope and freedom and the chance to explore parts of the Island where buses don't run!

swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to go around - from Lindos

The bus service is very good and will get you to Faliraki and Pefkos and to a fair few other places without to much hassle and obviously a lot cheaper than hiring a car,as your only going for a week i would enjoy Lindos itself and have a day or two using the bus to get out and about.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,705 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best way to go around - from Lindos

AFAIK there isn't a regular bus service any further south than Gennadi, so Prasonisi can only be reached by car or possibly on a coach trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best way to go around - from Lindos

hi there i was at aqua grand lindos mid-oct and there is a bus to prasonisi but it finished that day!

it runs high season and there only a few a day...check the Rhodes bus time timetable before you go,

you may find it starts only in July though, good luck http://www.ando.gr/eot/eng/BUS.pdf

5. Re: The best way to go around - from Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:17