We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

Just to pass on a tip. We had a late night flight out of Rhodes last week and were planning a taxi to the airport for €65. Instead we hired a car for €70 (including airport drop off fee) which meant we had somewhere to put our luggage after we had checked out and enjoyed a drive down the coast to Rhodes town, wandered around, had a meal, then went to the airport and left the hire car in front of the terminal. Easy, gave us a base rather than wandering around with our cases and much better value than taxi.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,820 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

At €70 I hope you had the car for more than one day

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

I doubt it Trevor, it'll be the fee for pick up in one location and airport drop off. Some will do this for free if It's 3 days or more hire (I know Galaxy will) but many charge dearly for the service.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

Just the one day :-) Car was a mid range one for €45, could have had cheaper but my man is very tall so wanted a larger car. €25 for being able to leave at the airport. When you compare to a one hour private Taxi for €65 we were delighted.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

I think that's a good tip Diabeticcat.

65E for a rushed taxi to the airport or 70E to take a leisurely drive to Rhodes town and spend the day exploring. Day trip to Rhodes town for 5E - it's a bit of a no brainer

Edited: 29 May 2013, 19:49
5. Re: If you're on a late flight, car rental better than taxis.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:19