We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclubs?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Nightclubs?

We're coming back, Sept 26/Oct 5, with daughter and son-in-law. Don't get me wrong, they're not teens (or even 30's) but Lisa loves a bop, so if she insists on dragging us on into the small hours....or indeed if we can shove them off into the right direction......what are the best places to go?

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightclubs?

Marcus is your man for the best answer but there is Arches and a couple of other clubs, Bar Code and Qupi (though not sure if that's still open) in the village. Lots of bars also have dancing and stay open into the early hours, so plenty of choice for a bit of a boogie! Lol.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightclubs?

Thanks Babs, that'll please Lisa, not so sure about her husband Andy though, he'd prob be happier with a gyros and last drink around the Square......but she'll drag us on, at least for the first two nights!!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightclubs?

It's just Arches and Glow these days Lyn. There's also Amphitheatre up above the village but I think that closes by late Sept.

I wouldn't even consider age, It's not like clubbing in the UK where It's often full of kids. In fact I know a chap in his 80s that enjoys the odd night in Arches... I'm hoping that's me at that age!

Edited: 05 June 2013, 00:12
Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightclubs?

Oh of course its Glow, what made me put Bar Code? Its old age and memory loss! I didn't think Qupi was still open.

Taplow, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightclubs?

HI Marcus

Can you advise with your nightclub destination expert hat on please?!

What days of the week does Amphitheatre open and whats the best time of night to go up there?

Is it still a free taxi on the way up but pay to get back as it was a few years ago?

Havnt ventured up there for a few years as children in tow kept us away but now they are older we can all go an enjoy it!!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightclubs?

I rarely do peak season so not been to Amphitheatre for some time either. Even when It's open off peak, I don't think it's busy enough, Arches and Glow take a lot less filling!

It was always a lot busier on a weekend and was only open weekends last year as far as I remember. I know the best time to visit used to be the early hours, just before the sunrise but hopefully someone that's been more recently can be a bit more help.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightclubs?

Hey

Flew past in a taxi earlier n no sign of life. I think it will be open towards the end of June to mid September, or of a weekend as mentioned earlier

M

Edited: 05 June 2013, 23:02
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightclubs?

Only ever open on Fri/Sat nights as far as I know. I think the free one way taxi was dropped many moons ago. It's not too bad a walk back home - at least its all downhill !!

9. Re: Nightclubs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 05:16