We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

Hello,

(sorry for all my questions - you guys are just so helpful!)

I am looking at coming either last 2 weeks of Sept vs first 2 weeks of Oct - is there much in it weather wise?

I know you can't predict the weather - but it's an essential to get it right as we love being on the beach every day!

Barbara I know you have said Oct is lovely weather wise - just trying to size it up vs Sept :)

Thanks x

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

Hi there

Statistically, September is always going to be a safer bet than October but who knows, as you say, you can never predict the weather. If it were my choice, it would be September, it's when we usually travel to Greece.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

October is when the weather starts to break.

Odd days of heavy rain & possibly thunderstorms

Remember also the hours of sunshine will be shorter in October

Edited: 07 June 2013, 09:16
Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

I'm there 18 Sept - 2 October or thereabouts every year. So it's Sept for me.

The sea and pools are still nice and warm from the summer and the weather is generally of a oneness.

It actually seems start to cloud over in the 1st week in Oct, but that's maybe my imagination.

The Village, although not as mad as mid-July to beginning of Sept, is still busy enough for you to get caught in the party atmosphere with complete strangers ... plus you have the members of the September Club wandering about in their theme nights costumes lol

Edited: 07 June 2013, 11:05
Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

Amy naturally you want to weigh up what's best for you! Its never predictable. I've been there both Sept and October, and had terrible thunderstorms in Sept and wall to wall sunshine in October! Thunderstorms though usually last and hour or two then the suns out again and to be honest they can be quite and experience and a good opportunity to shelter in a bar! ;)

Last October it was very hot! Much much hotter than usual, high eighties most days! Average is usually mid to high 70s, that said it always feel hotter in Lindos.

I've never been disappointed with either weather or it being busy enough, it suits me and my budget. If I was to go at any other time of year it would probably be May though the sea is cold then and I must admit I prefer it, as my friend said of the waters there, like bath water! Lol.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll love Lindos and you'll return again and again!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

Hey

I am a massive October fan of Lindos and as Babs says it is possible to have great weather in the high 20's/30. However, if u prefer the odds to be better for guaranteed sun, choose September every time imo

Mart

6. Re: Sept vs Oct weather - is there much in it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:17