We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpha rooms booking website

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alpha rooms booking website

Booked Thea apartment through Alpha rooms last November. A warning to anyone who has booked through them..... We have now found that villa Thea has no record of our booking.(Found this out when we contacted them direct to check where to get the key from) We are due to go there in 2 weeks and now find we have nowhere to stay. Thea don't even use Alpharooms as their booking website!! How can this happen. We have flights booked etc etc. If we had turned up we would have been "homeless". We even have a accommodation voucher!! Wished we had booked a normal package.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

John I've just posted to your comment on Thea Villa tread. Its appalling, I'm so sorry. As I've said on other thread, demand your money back, and go to Exclusively Lindos or Owners Direct, or even try accommodation Direct via the owners. How many travelling?

I really hope you get something. Unfortunately you are not covered as you would be re a package through a travel agent. A lot of people don't actually realise that.

Let us all know how you get on, fingers cross for you, really really hope you get sorted.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

That's shocking John. I'd be devastated as well. Have just looked at Alpharooms and they're still advertising Thea which is terrible. Hope people read this so it doesn't happen to them as well.

Denise.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Hi, commented on your other post. Can't believe that Alpha Rooms are still doing this to people, It's a joke!

As Babs said, Exclusively Lindos or Owners Direct are worth a try. Also booking.com they were a God send for me in a similar situation.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Marcus did you say you'd booked Thea through EL, I'm glad I did now. Alpha Rooms' treatment of John's booking is appalling and they should realise people read these threads!

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Hell, just googled Alpha Rooms Lindos...and guess what came straight up first....yep Thea Vilas!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Karan of exclusively lindos now has the thea apartments.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Karan of exclusively lindos now has the thea apartments.

Lindos
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Sorry to hear about people's misfortunes with Alpha Rooms - this is absolutely appalling and not good for the travel industry let alone the poor people who have potentially lost money. Let me reassure everyone that Exclusively Lindos is a fully bonded Travel Agent, also with an ATOL license and we are the biggest agent for Villa Thea. We are also based in resort and so you are not just booking on-line on a website, you are booking with the local experts who will meet you on arrival and provide information and assistance throughout your stay. We would be happy to help anyone that needs to find alternative accommodation in Lindos if they have been misled by Alpha Rooms.

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

I can highly recommend Exclusively Lindos. Nikki is based out there and am sure will do everything possible to find some suitable accommodation for you.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Alpha rooms booking website

Dear John,

I would like to apologise about the mistake with your booking and for the problems it has caused you. This was due to an unusual linking error on our system. As soon as we were aware of the situation we offered you a choice of alternative accommodation with the same board basis, rating and in same resort for your consideration, or the option to take a full refund. We then issued the full refund on your request.

This is a rare issue and since you have highlighted this to us our development team have looked into what could have happened in the system to cause such a strange error, and the erroneous code has been rectified for the accommodation.

I am sorry that this issue has arisen and for the inconveniences it has meant for you.

Regards,

alpharooms.com