We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
east yorkshire...
1 post
Save Topic
weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

can anyone give me any info on what its like to get married at st pauls chapel in lindos. we have booked our hotel and wedding package through a travel agent. we are staying at the lindos mare hotel in sep 2007 and would love to hear any reviews. would like to hear if the weddings are rushed or even like a conveyor belt ! just want it to be a special day to remember without been dissapointed!

Scotland
Level Contributor
510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi Malinky, im also planning on staying at Lindos Mare Sept 07 for my wedding. What dates are you staying there? and what travel agent did you book with?

Im going over there on 2 August to meet up with Karen at lindos weddings and have arranged to meet the hotel manager too. I want to be absolutely certain this is where I want my special day.

I think St Pauls Bay looks amazing but im being put off with the "conveyor belt" stories!!

Will decide once I get there this August, then come home and book everything! Good luck x

essex
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I can tell you that getting married at St Pauls chapel is out of this world i got married there last sept and it was so special there were weddings before and after ours but it definatley was not like a conveyor belt or rushed it was just perfect in every way. we got married at 5 o clock and would recommend not to get married before then as it is just to hot. You will definatley not be disapointed we had a traditional greek reception in the village at caesars taverna www.caesars-lindos.com and this was MAD !!! they made everything so perfect. I hope i have but your mind at rest and if i can be of any more help let me know

London
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I just wanted to let all of those who have booked their wedding through a holiday company know that I have just returned from Lindos after a fantastic 2 week holiday and a perfect wedding. We stayed at the Lindos Gardens Apartments which were great. The room was clean and modern and we even had a bath. Probably the best accommodation I have ever stayed in in Greece.

We had our wedding on 30 June and we could not fault a thing. Our wedding rep was great and the ceremony was lovely with a very happy atmosphere. We did see the wedding party before and after ours, but I think you would find the same thing happens at any registry office in Britain!!! Everyone congratulated each other. Our photos and DVD were very professional and we are pleased with everything. We could not have asked for more. Before I went away I was having my doubts about having booked the wedding through our holiday company after reading a few of the postings on this website, but everything was perfect for us. I suppose it also depends on what you want from your wedding. I was quite relaxed about it all and didn't want extra flowers or cars, but the option is there if you do.

We held our reception at the Odyssey Restaurant in Lindos Village and the staff were very friendly, helpful, accommodating and they added an extra dish to the menu especially for me and we had the whole rooftop area at the top to ourselves. The table was beautifully decorated and all in all we had a great wedding and party. We spent a couple of evenings going around to various restaurants to ask about wedding parties and their menus and we looked at seating arrangements etc. We opted for Odyssey because we could have an area to ourselves and the staff were very helpful, but I think you can't go far wrong with any of the restaurants in Lindos.

So to everyone who is getting married in Lindos this year - enjoy every moment. It is a lovely place and it will all be fantastic!!!!!!! I just wish that we could do it all over again!!!!!!

England
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi!

We got married at St Paul's Bay on July 1st this year and it was fantastic! We booked our wedding package direct with the Lindos Mare, having stayed there twice before and having absolutely fallen in love with it!

We got married at 5.30pm and there was a wedding after us but there wasn't one immediately before. We had arranged a glass bottom boat transfer for our guests from the beach near the Mare to St Paul's and back, so our plan was that if there was a wedding party already there our guests could wait on the boat until they had gone. In the event, this wasn't a problem as there was noone there before us.

The boat transfer was 350 Euros, to arrange it you go to Lindos Reception and see an Irish lady called Melanie who is the wife of the boat owner.

The bridal party after us waited at the top until myself and my husband had made our way to our bridal car, so there wasn't an awkward passing of brides on the slope!

The wedding ceremony itself is certainly short and sweet but it didn't feel at all rushed and noone minded the brevity in the 39c heat! We were prepared for it to be short so we added more to the occasion by having the boat trip for guests and we also had 3 strolling Greek musicians who played before and after the ceremony, we arranged them through the Mare.

We had our reception at the Mare in the open air section of the a la carte restaurant overlooking the bay. We sampled the wedding menu when we were there last year so we knew what we wanted! It was a fantastic evening.

We had a blessing in Church when we returned to England and an evening reception, and although the blessing was lovely it really reinforced to both of us that we had made the right decision getting married in Lindos. It really was an amazing day, I would recommend a Lindos wedding to anyone!

wales
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

hi malinky. i am getting married in Lindos September 2007 also- what date are you gerring wed. we have arranged for the 17th at around 4 o clock but may change it to later as i think it may be too hot!!!! i'm sooooo exited! would be nice to hear from you.

All the best

Sarah

XXX

manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hello

Got married in at st pauls last september,

I was told that it was abit of a conveyer belt off somone who had watched weddings on the beach,It really isn`t like that,It`s your day yes it`s over and done with in no time but well worth it,

We stayed in ixia but still think st palus was the best chioce.

Good luck.

manchester
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hello malinky,

We got married last september 30th.

It was lovley,yes there were other weddings happening as i arrived,as i got half way down and was wished good luck off the newley weds and we congraulated them,theres about half an hour gap inbetween more than enough time to take in your day,I was worried about the same thing and all for nothing,

I have seen quicker weddings at registra offices.

You will love it,

Have a lovley day.Good luck.

Let me know how you get on

norwich, england
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

Hi,

We were married at ST Pauls 4weeks ago (9th August 2006). It was an absolutley beautiful day. Our ceremony took place at 18:00, it was still warm but not to bad. We arranged our wedding through EXquisite, who were brilliant, we held our reception for family and friends at the LIndos Mare hotel, we also had a glass bottom boat to transfer our guests from the chapel to the hotel. We also had a photographer at the Chapel and the photos look amazing, people have commented about the colour of the sky and sea, it just looks unbelievably blue. All the men in the wedding party wore black suits and this definately helps to enhance the back drop colours.

Yes the ceremony is quick, but we asked one of our bridemaids to do a reading, which really made it more personal. We stayed in Lindos for two weeks, with our freinds and family joining us for the second week. We walked down to St pauls a few times during our stay but did not see one wedding, even on our wedding day! (maybe we were just lucky).

We stayed at the Lindos Horizons apartments which were booked through Kosmar, and we spent our wedding night at the Lindos Mare which was booked direct with the hotel.

BTC
UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

I got married in St Paul's Bay on the 12th September this year. It was absolutely the most fantastic day. I would HIGHLY recommend you use a wedding planner as there are so many legal details to organise. Charlotte at Exquisite Lindos was amazing, she will take care of every detail for you-and I mean everything. You can contact her at www.exquisitelindos.com. She will arrange your entire wedding, flowers, reception, hair, makeup etc to ensure your day goes smoothly. On the day of your wedding a wedding planner will come to meet the Bride (the lady who looked after me was Chrissy-who was a godsend!). Charlotte will meet the Groom and his witness at the church. She introduces them to the Registrar and instructs them on the service. They also make sure that no two brides pass on the hill-which seems to be a concern of some future brides. Yes the service is short-the registrar asked if you both take each other, you exchange rings, he reads something in Greek and then in English, then pronounces you man and wife. There is then time for pictures to be taken. Believe me-when you are standing in the heat of the sun you will be grateful that it is not as long as a traditional British wedding!!!!! Dont hesitate-contact Charlotte and I am sure your day will be just as special and fantastic as my wedding was.

manchester
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: weddings at st pauls chapel in lindos

hi malinky,

we got married on 22nd sept 2006 absolutely fantastic!!!! i wont lie and say its not a conveyor belt and i really worried and was put off by the prospect of walking past another bride, but believe me when i say it really doesnt spoil your day, yes sept is one of the most busiest times to get married there, but also one of the best, we arrived for our wedding which was planned for 6pm, the registrar 'george' who's a beauty may i add, has no concept of time and things were running behind, it seems on busy periods your given half an hour, which again i worried about but it was just enough, the service was quick, but can be lengthened so if you want to add anything to your vows you can and this can be organised with your wedding co-ordinator when you meet, but for me and 'my husband' it was just perfect! yes its only 5 minutes but then we got some absolutely amazing photos we had a party of 28 and the wedding co-ordinator organised everyone for the photos, (louise - first choice) we then had time for a quick slurp of champagne then on to a wonderful reception at the nostalgia resteraunt at pefkos near to where we were staying. wishing you all the best, and the memories and photos we have of our wedding, we would never have wanted to get married at any other place or any other way, wishing you both all the best for your special day,

mr and mrs nuttall X