We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes Rocks 2014

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes Rocks 2014

I know a few post recently were about next years RR and some people where looking to book early. So just to let those who don't know already, sadly there won't be a RR14. There will be a Rock but as yet its not been announced where it will be. Hopefully there will be a RR15.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

oh bum!

halifax west yorks
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Why???

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,562 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

I've heard bits and bobs about problems with the mayor and the correct licences not being granted, etc but I think it's best to quote Eddie's Facebook post on the subject:

Flying back tomorrow after the most incredible 2 weeks of our lives. We didn't think it could get better but RR reached new heights this year which we think is due to the fact that 'The Family' has grown bigger & stronger over the past year plus the fact that all of the bands were incredible & gave their all. Not an ego in sight. They were all fantastic to work with. There's a real connection between us all, bands & fans. The Amphitheatre gig dedicated to Socrates & the Song for Dawn was a life event for us. As many of you will know we had a lot of problems from the mayor this year & George from Socrates Bar did a fantastic job keeping the show on the road. We are all totally drained & exhausted from this bitter sweet experience & have decided to take a rest from Lindos for 2014 to enable the Lindians to decide which way they want to go with RR in the future & we hope to return in 2015 all being well. Meanwhile we are planning another little adventure for you for 2014 to keep you all rocking in June. We should have news within a month or 2 so watch this space.

So Rhodes Rock next year doesn't look a goer but for rock fans interested in what will take it's place then it might be worth joining the Facebook group Rhodes Rock Friends & Family or keeping an eye on the website http://www.classicrocktours.co.uk/

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Something to do with the Mayor of Lindos and problems that incurred this year. So its been decided to give Lindos a rest for 2014. I suppose the people of Lindos will have their say regarding this as I'm sure it will make a huge difference to revenue etc. Only time will tell but let's hope all will be well for 2015.

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Oops Marcus I posted mine before I read yours as I'd had it waiting to submit for ages on my phone but I kept being interrupted (I'm in work!) Lol.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Damn it, this auld rocker has her hols booked..might have to go for a much more sedate fortnight.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t, sh!t..... I was so looking forward to next year's RR!! I was just talking to Theo last week about spending an extra week up at the Athena for the second week of RR next year and was all set to book this week..... hey ho, that's the way it goes I suppose.........#gutted :-(

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

I knew it wasn't on next year but was sworn to secrecy. Rumours in the village started at the end of the TF concert and they were substantiated next day.

Sorry I couldn't tell you Woody

Edited: 26 June 2013, 19:16
Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

Hey Lindos is still a great place RR or not! This is what I've said, so many people who usually go will perhaps now not and wait to see where Rocks will be next year. The Mayor of Lindos will probably not be a happy chappy next year when bookings and revenue is down by an awful lot! The hotel, Bar and restaurant owners should protest as it will hit them hard.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Rhodes Rocks 2014

It's even better during rock week Babs. the village has a real buzz to it and its party time every night. Socs and 404 were doing a roaring trade.

And pals nearly ran out of white wine and vodka. Not that that had anything to do with Ellagee, Btongirl and Annie being there LOL

Edited: 26 June 2013, 19:52