We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing money in Lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
changing money in Lindos

Hi,going to Lindos in few weeks time& was wondering is it better to change my cash into euros there or before i go.Are there many places to change in the village?

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changing money in Lindos

Personally I take euros and some sterling. There are a couple of places to change money. If I need any more I just use the ATMs but not too often, usually once but no more than twice during my stay. Keep an eye on the rate and buy when it goes up a bit. Its dire at the moment!

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
492 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changing money in Lindos

Just got back and the exchange rate there is 1.14. I got a better rate of exchange at home. Would suggest you change before you go and take a card for the atm, just in case. Enjoy!

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: changing money in Lindos

I always take cash (Euro's) and 2 plastic cards in case of emergencies. Never had any problems and it saves on worrying about whether the bank is open or the cashline machine is stocked up with notes

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
11,157 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changing money in Lindos

Hi there

We always take euros cash with us to Greece, and then a credit card for emergencies, cash is King in Greece, and as Xenomania says it saves the trouble of finding a ATM etc. Just make sure that your accommodation has a safe.

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changing money in Lindos

Hi

I always take euros- cards on the whole have got worse over the years as the banks have got greedier- I bank with RBS and their charges are crap- I got my euros delivered today - 1.1627 with no delivery or commission charge.

I used to get sterling travellers cheques commision free which although old fashioned were a good bet- now RBS charges for them (i think!) so now ditched!

Mikey

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: changing money in Lindos

Thanks for replies,great advice you all gave.euros it is for me then&in safe they'll go.can't wait to spend them in what sounds like a delightful place.

7. Re: changing money in Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:20