We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atrium Palace Thalasso, Late Arrival & Car Hire

Ayrshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Atrium Palace Thalasso, Late Arrival & Car Hire

Hi

Apologies if I'm using the forum all wrong, have never used it before. I've a few questions.

We arrive in Rhodes next week and our flights are getting in around 10:30pm, does anyone know if the Artium Palace Thalasso provides refreshments for guests arriving late (we're travelling with a 6 year old). I have emailed them but they've not replied, not sure that's the best sign!

We were also considering hiring a car when we are there for two days for some exploring, I've been emailing the recommended hire company "marathon car hire", does anyone have experience of using them before. Also does anyone know if you can hire a car in Rhodes if you've had a DR10 on your license (not mine the other half, stupid man which he sorely regrets) which was over 5 years ago?

If anyone does have any other tips for Rhodes when travelling with a 6 year old those too would be appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Leicester
Level Contributor
23 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atrium Palace Thalasso, Late Arrival & Car Hire

Hello! We've just got back from there - you won't be disappointed! I'm sure they are just really busy - seems to be a Greek thing!

The main bar serves pizza and toasties until 2am so you won't go hungry!

We hired a car through marathon, there's a lady next to reception from 8am each day and was really helpful. There's a wide range of cars and if you hire for 2 days you get the third day free. We ended up using it for most of the 2 weeks. Hope this answers your questions :)

Edited to add I have no idea about the bit about the licence as I don't drive. Is it actually on his card licence as that's all my husband showed the lady

Edited: 27 June 2013, 20:51
Ayrshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atrium Palace Thalasso, Late Arrival & Car Hire

Thank you for the info! Hotel emailed me later in the day just panicking :)

3. Re: Atrium Palace Thalasso, Late Arrival & Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 06:19