We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

Lancashire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

Hi all, can you advise please. My wife, our two older sons and I are holidaying Rhodes (Lindos - Filoxenia) at the end of August this year, really looking forward to it. Are there any events that shouldn't be missed whilst we are there? It is our first time on Rhodes, any suggestions of great snorkelling areas, great local eating establishments (love fresh fish / octopus), good boat trips and generally brilliant places to visit (we'll be hiring a car) would be greatly appreciated. Oh yes, we also dive, so a recommendation of a good diving centre (poss in Lindos) would be really helpful. Cheers Mike :-)

Kirkintilloch...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

The big festival is the Panagia on Aug15 (Assumption of our Lady) in the village of Kremasti; a procession with a holy icon of the virgin. Usually fireworks, events and outside theatre in Trianda and surrounding areas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

There is a dive centre in lindos called waterhoppers. They can be found just a 2 minute walk up the path from the main lindos beach were the dolphins restuarant is. Check there website www.waterhoppers.com. They also have other dive centres all over rhodes.

Edited: 06 July 2013, 07:52
Lancashire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

Hi Steve, thanks for the info, this is just before we go, but sounds like a great event, we went to a similar one last year in Santanyi on Majorca. I found the forum and just jumped on with a question, now I have looked at all the questions and answers below there seems to be lots of info......some really helpful people out there. Really looking forward to going, we're staying at the Filoxenia, do you know it? If so, what do you think? Cheers Mike :-)

Lancashire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

Hi Steve, thanks for the info, this is just before we go, but sounds like a great event, we went to a similar one last year in Santanyi on Majorca. I found the forum and just jumped on with a question, now I have looked at all the questions and answers below there seems to be lots of info......some really helpful people out there. Really looking forward to going, we're staying at the Filoxenia, do you know it? If so, what do you think? Cheers Mike :-)

Thanks Peter, we'll give the dive centre a try. Are you a diver also? If so, what is the diving like, any dives you would recommend? Can't wait! Cheers Mike :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

Hi mandkuk

No I don't do scuba diving but my friends do they do 5 or 6 dives while on holiday in lindos on a 2 to 3 week holiday.

Peter.

6. Re: Are there any special events happening on Rhodes in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations