We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which one??

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cleethorpes
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which one??

Hi there

trying to decide between Lindos Gardens or Lindos View, both seem to have good reviews - are they both about the same distance to the centre of Lindos, and in walking distance?

Also trying to decide should we go self catering or half board - are meals and drinks expensive in Lindos?

many thanks for your help

Stonehouse scotland
Level Contributor
703 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which one??

London view is closer to the village and the public areas are nice- has the odd singer on at night(not my cup of tea)

Not been in Gardens- will be in later as my i laws are staying there.

I could not go half board to Lindos as the restaurants and bars are excellent - will suit most budgets.

Self catering is basic in these places but you can have breakfast and lunch and out at night

Regards

Mikey

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which one??

I'm in lindos at the moment staying at the lindos horizon (just behind the view). Have stayed at the view and in my opinion the horizon is much better, smaller and more peaceful. Too many kids at the view for us I'm afraid. Mine are grown and flown the nest so I enjoy a bit of peace now!!

As for booking half board, it has to be a no no when there are so many beautiful restaurants to discover in the village. It doesn't have to be expensive, you can eat cheaply in many places.

We're having a ball!!

Nikki

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
921 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: which one??

Lindos View is on the main road and as such is slightly closer to the village and has stunning views of the Acropolis. Lindos Gardens is in Krana so a bit more of a walk into the village. Both hotels have regular evening entertainment and both hotels have very friendly and helpful staff.

halifax west yorks
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which one??

Totally agree! Don't do half board-too many lovely places to eat. I too am in Lindos right now staying in the village but have also stayed both at the gardens and Lindos view. Both fab but I think Lindos gardens is the better option. And no doubt a little cheaper than the view! Don't forget you can visit either during your stay! Everyone's made welcome. Gotta go!! My sun beds calling me ;)

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which one??

As its been said, Lindos View is the closest to the village, a 10 min walk via the Lindos Reception end. I've not stayed at either as I always stay in Lindos though I have been to View many times to use the pool. That said if I'm solo I much prefer the beach.

Like others I would never ever consider Half Board, (and to be honest I don't think many hotels do it) there are so many fantastic places to eat. As cheap or expensive as you like. A very cheap meal is a gyros, absolutely yummy and about €2.50! Nice to get as a takeaway and enjoy with a bottle of wine on your balcony/terrace/courtyard!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,388 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which one??

Price would be the deciding factor for me as there's little in it accommodation and facilities wise. Even though Gardens is slightly further from the village, you're only talking another 5 minutes, if that.

As others have said half board will see you spending too much time in your hotel when the village offers such a diverse range of food, budget, atmosphere and views - a no brainer for us regulars.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which one??

thank you to everyone who has replied. We have booked Lindos Gardens - going in September. So excited now!!

8. Re: which one??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 07:18