We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos Old Village Collection

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi All,

Has anyone stayed in the Lindos Old Village Collection? My partner and I are looking to go to Greece for the first two weeks in September 2013 and have a budget of up to £500 per person for flights and place to stay. Lindos Old Village Collection keeps coming up on the searches we run but my partner has had no luck tracking down any reviews about it at all.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Many Thanks :c)

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

I have seen these recently too but not sue exactly what properties they are. Would be interesting to find out.

Is it village accommodation you want? Olympic Holidays have Lindos Gardens (on Krana) for 2 weeks from 4th Sept for £491 pp flying from Gatwick

Have a look at Exclusively Lindos.

London
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

To be honest it's accommodation that 'falls within budget' that we want! We like to go for self catering and prefer to stay away from big hotels or complexes; I seem to recall that we thought Olympic had a bad reputation last year when we were looking to book to go to Corfu but I will check again - will also check Exciusively Lindos. Thank you :c)

Atherton, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

The Olympic properties in the village are tired and some are not that clean but the ones on Krana are different. Lindos Gardens has good reviews and I know people who won't stay anywhere else, it is self catering. If its all about your budget then at this late date you're choice may be limited.

If you can get a cheap flight them maybe look at properties like Anastasia, Domna and Barvas, also Bakia and Helen. But don't forget you've got transfers/car hire to add too.

Hope you manage to find something suitable.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Have you thought of Karpathos and/or Tilos. They are off the beaten track and much cheaper than Rhodes/Lindos

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi. We have just booked to stay at this hotel but im unable to find it on the map. I do know lindos well. could you please explain how to get there.

Regards glenn

Edited: 24 April 2014, 13:23
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi. We have just booked to stay at this hotel but im unable to find it on the map. I do know lindos well. could yoh please explain how to get there.

Regards glenn

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi. We have just booked to stay at this hotel but im unable to find it on the map. I do know lindos well. could you please explain how to get there.

Regards glenn

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi. We have just booked to stay at this hotel but im unable to find it on the map. I do know lindos well. could yoh please explain how to get there.

Regards glenn

Newquay, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Friends of ours booked the Old Village collection September 2013. It appears that it is a "posh" way of saying "allocation on arrival". The rooms will be in the village and not at Krana but they could be anywhere in the village depending on what is available at the time. Unfortunately they had a bad experience with the room they were allocated and it was right at the back of the village and without any outside seating area. The pics they had seen before booking were just examples. I really hope you have a better experience than them.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
350 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lindos Old Village Collection

Hi,

I came across these last year when I was in the process of trying to hunt down some accommodation. If you trawl through the different websites you'll come across the same photos of the apartments and they'll be named. It's just a case of putting in some time. You can ask the experts on here about what the state of the accommodation is like. Having said that, I don't suppose you'll be guaranteed to get the one in the photo if it isn't named when you book. So, I don't suppose I'm much help to you am I ?!

Good luck,

D.