We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lindos View or Lindos Athena

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Lindos View or Lindos Athena

Hello folks

We are a wedding party and traveling to Lindos early October 14.

We would like the know which one would you recommend.Either Lindos View or Athena.

Also which one is close to the village as we have a couple of old folks with us.

Thanks

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lindos View or Lindos Athena

Both are a similar distance from the village, Athena being just a tad further back on Krana than Lindos View which is on the main road. Whichever way you walk in to Lindos its a hill, but shorter via the Lindos Reception end. Coming back up naturally is harder but taxi's are always available from the main square (and to it if you need it) at a cost of about €4.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lindos View or Lindos Athena

Following in from Babs reply.... I guess you need someone who has stayed at both places to be able to answer your question fully. I've only ever stayed at the Athena while in Lindos and I'll be back again in 8 weeks time :-), don't get me wrong, I've stayed at other places on the Island, but the Athena has given me what other hotels haven't.... that personal touch!

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lindos View or Lindos Athena

I would definitely think Lindos View is the smarter option although I don't know what the service is like. From the road it always looks like a popular family choice.

The Athena is about five minutes further walk along the Krana Road, the rooms will be more basic but as Andy says you do get the 'personal touch' there. If you want peace and quiet I imagine the Athena may not be your best bet (it's the hotel that never sleeps during Rhodes Rock!).

Pricewise I doubt you'll get a bargain at Lindos View but the Athena does sometimes come up with good deals on Olympic Holidays.

Myself I'd recommend Lindos Gardens! Many recent improvements to the hotel itself with a couple of nice pools and great staff, situated between Lindos View and the Athena! Good bar area which would be nice for your group.

4. Re: Lindos View or Lindos Athena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:19