We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Light is your Luggage?

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
How Light is your Luggage?

A thread came up on here recently which evolved into luggage weight. I usually struggle to keep within 15kg, so opt for the 20kg choice...and that's with a super-light suitcase! One poster managed to keep to 23kg...between the 2 of them! But another poster, amazingly can keep their luggage down to 5 kg....how the hell they do they do that?! What tricks to other Lindos lovers employ to minimise luggage wight?!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

Louise has just sorted me out for my lotions and potions end of August. Meeting up with me morning after my late arrival to drop off, now that's what I call service!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

I always used to take toiletries in hand luggage in case of leeks. But since they changed the rules with limit to 100m I buy mine air side in boots after the surcurity screening. They also do lots of deals buy 2 get the 3rd free.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

I always take between 9.5 and 10.5 kgs whether it be for a week or 2 weeks. All you need in Lindos, or anywhere in Greece for that matter, is a supply of t shirts and shorts and lightweight gear for the evening. And that weight is inclusive of all suntan, shower stuff and sufficient sun tan/after sun for the duration. It even includes a large beach towel so I guess I could save a further kilo by taking another lightweight wrap

Edited: 31 July 2013, 19:35
wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

Hi

I bought two sub zero cases a couple of years ago at £50 each, to go to Cyprus. On arrival one had the whole lock and zippers ripped off but luckily the zipper was still intact so was able to peel it open but couldn't re close for return so had to leave it there and buy another case. Couldn't get a refund from either guarantee because I didn't have the case or the airline even though I had a report reference number!! The other lasted a couple of more trips but then started to tear by the wheel base, of course didn't have the receipt by then!!

I tend to take small amounts of toiletries from home put into travel bottles which I buy in the local spar shop 3 in a clear zip bag for £1. I then buy when I get there. Usually go for 10 or 11 nights so take 5 evening outfits to rotate and some mix and match for days. About 5 pairs of neutral underwear and wash through regularly. Tend to use harem beach trousers as they Are as light as a sari but can also be worn instead of shorts so doubles up for round pool and walking out and about. And then if still overweight cut hubbies clothing allowance down!!!

Although not a weight issue, another thing that friends have said is a good tip is that I take four of the never ending supply of charity bags I receive and put the worn clothes in separate bags as we go I.e. darks, coloureds, whites and delicates. Then just pack the bags in the case and when I get home I put them in the utility room ready for the washer.

S S W

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

ahh....but from what I remember you are a bloke, Xeno...don't you know that it's different for girls?

Seriously you could wear the same outfit every night in Lindos...it wouldn't matter. Personally I am happy to have my hair go wild or tie it into a bun/ponytail/bun but I enjoy dressing up for the evening as I like clothes and I don't get the oportunity to dress up at home very often. Each to their own as always. I noticed Primark were selling IT luggage (lightest luggage in the world with 10 yr guarantee medium case £33 the other day)...only one left on the shop floor this evening...realistically you could wash and dry lot's of stuff in that climate af you wanted to travel light though for me choosing what to wear is part of the pleasure.

Bury, Lancs
9 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

Two shorts. Two tee shirts. You'll be fine!

Pefkos, Greece
7 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

Thank you Woody01 Im very happy I could help you. Look forward to seeing you soon x

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

here we go, bog standard case,2pair of sandles 2pair of trousers 2 swimsuits white over shirt. 3 chiffon tops for evenings,pashmina .2pair of shorts, 3 tshirts. flip flops.3books. himself 2 shorts trainers 2 white short sleve shirts. he also carrys 1kg of muesli,2 large mugs tea and coffee 2 books. I have short hair dont use any product on it, and dont need I hair drier.this time I also took a dress, as he traveled in his suit.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

Well guys, some interesting points, but I'm still with everyone who just about stays within the weight limit! I like to wear something different every evening, and I find that any shorts/tops/playsuit type day wear, gets so grubby feeling by the end of a day at the beach/walking/etc that I just chuck it back in the case, and put something fresh on next day, and I soooo don't want to do washing/ironing on holibobs!!! Def interested in the buying in airside Boots/Avon toiletry ideas though! And will be looking out for offers on the very light luggage!!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: How Light is your Luggage?

I cut out the weight dramatically by leaving her at home.