We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit to lindos

rotherham
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
first visit to lindos

we are looking to book for lindos for our first visit (lindos view studios ).we normally visit parga ,how would you compare these two resorts at this time of year .

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit to lindos

If you are looking for somewhere that is similar to Parga (as in the look of a place) then I would say Simi is more comparable.

Lindos is a place that is very pretty, and quite unique, the weather on the whole is good in Oct, it is still busy during the day with day trippers, the evenings are quieter but still busy enough with most places still open though some places may have a limited menu as they start to wind down, you are still spoiled for choice with the amount of bars and restaurants to choose from. Supermarkets have less stock but you can still get everything you want/need.

The bays are beautiful, you have 4 beaches to choose from, and the sea is at its warmest in Oct, shallow waters in the main bay, St Pauls being deeper and more rocky.

Maybe you should just come and judge Lindos for yourself? :) And I wouldn't describe it as a resort, its a village and tourism goes on around the people who live and work therem

Edited: 08 October 2013, 05:54
Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit to lindos

Whats the 4th beach Babs, have I missed one? lol

L :-D

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit to lindos

Hey

Five, if you include the 'bollocks out' beach on the way out to the tomb.

M

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit to lindos

2 in St Pauls....one by Dimitris Canteena and the one with the concrete terraces nearer the chapel and Tambakio

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit to lindos

Hmm always been 3 beaches to me! Lol

you should try Agathi beach the water there is perfect :-)

L :-)

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit to lindos

Linda you've got the main beach and Skala beach (Pallas) then at St Pauls you've got the first beach where Dimitris Canteen is and the beach where the chapel is, 4!!! Lol

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first visit to lindos

Hey

Babs, dont ignore bollocko beach, have you never been? ;-)

M

Atherton, United...
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first visit to lindos

No! Where is it pray tell?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first visit to lindos

as I haven't been to st Paul's beach for yonks, so i bow to your updated info ( still one beach to me though lol). the one Mart is on about is a long walk away and dodgy climb down on the way to the tomb, named bollocko beach as that's where he sunbathes naked lol get your bonoculars out!!! Haha

L x

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,455 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first visit to lindos

Hey

It is located shortly after you begin the Kleo' Tomb walk where you head left around the first little bay. You have to clamber down a little to the beach (which isn't much to shout about and is tiny). It is listed on a well known naturist web site (begins with the letter C but cant remember,Trev will know). Alternatively you can pedalo/kayak out there. Being serious now, I have never seen any naturists there but have been a few times n it is so peaceful and water is crystal clear for a swim.

Linda: cheeky, blink n ya miss it ha ha.

There are a few easy places to clamber down n seriously the water is crystal clear.

M

M

Edited: 09 October 2013, 14:10