We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Which Lindos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

After last year at the lindos top, which was the straw that broke the camels back, we have booked up with exclusively lindos for our July week. And even at this stage the customer service has been fantastic. Flying with Jet2 from Glasgow and staying at the Apostolas in the village. Roll on the summer!!

Rich :o)

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

wise move, used them last year. great service, Lindos Tops is bad! we were there 3 years ago, up the stairs and the lights didnt work all week. they were fixed as we left! and it was reported to the rep every day!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Don't blame you, EL customer service is second to none, Olympic is virtually none! Real shame about Lindos Top, I remember when they were new and the height of luxury by Lindos standards.

Apostolas is a good spot, just a few steps up from Jean Marie.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

I fully agree with the recommendation for Exclusively Lindos! Last week I was trying to decide which of a few different places to book. I bombarded Karen with new questions on a daily basis, all were answered promptly, courteously and in full! Wouldn't use anyone else!

Holmfirth, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

I agree Marcus about Lindos Top. I remember staying there in 1992 when they were brand new and the crème de la crème of village accommodation and liked them so much that I booked a second holiday there the same year! It's such a shame that they have gone downhill. I have only used EL once for transfers but found them to be excellent!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Stayed at the Top the last 3 years!! We can really rough it, clearly! But it seriously has gone downhill. Basic I can take, but rundown and plain dirty I can't. Stayed at the Jean Marie before and liked the area immensely. Really looking forward to it, and already impressed with EL. Olympic have had their last quid out of us. Sad really, but they have lost the plot completely in my view.

Rich.

Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Unfortunately OH seem to be mainly interested in "all inclusive" these days. Less hassle for them re. pick ups, drop off's, walks through the village, customer complaints etc...

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Spot on Xeno, they're missing the trick with the village accom though, I'm sure there is a demand for it, they would even get away with charging a bit more if they just upped their game. Feel a bit sorry for the rep Sam, who works away like a trojan. You cant fault him for effort, but he seems to spend all his time papering over the cracks.

Can't wait for our holiday now, finally going to give Broccolino a whirl, as it is on our doorstep as it were, its our 8th visit this year and we have never eaten there......................

Rich.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Hey

Once upon a year, I (as well as others) were prepared to put up with Olympic Holidays basic accommodation provided it was relatively clean, in return for village/main beach locations and at a great price (particularly for solo travellers). These 'great prices' have all but disappeared and the accommodation on offer gets shabbier by the season. There is no incentive anymore, the only decent deals seem to be up in Lindos Gardens. The same can be said for properties in Pefkos, ie Coralli, Palm Bay. I can get a comparable deal with other providers for £200 less if I was to choose a package. I agree, Sam does work really hard and is often on a 'hiding to nothing', a good lad.

So long OH

Mart

Edited: 15 January 2014, 07:16
Applecross, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

Some of the village accommodation is slowly getting tarted up and moving into the 21st century with modern day conveniences and appliances. These rooms are being marketed independently by the owners or through EL and not tied to the likes of tour operators such as OH, TC etc...

Can any of the oldies (John fae Cork, Peter, Lindos vet, Dunvegan ...) recall how may rooms were available through the tour ops back in the Lindos heyday ??

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,230 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goodbye Olympic, hello exclusively lindos

When I worked for Airtours there were nearly 30 properties and 3 reps covering Lindos, that was just one company!

Oh well, no good harking back to the good old days... we won't get them back :( To be fair, I think it's good that the owners have wised up, improved standards and are reaping the benefit themselves. A lot more people book independently now, there's no need to be tied to a tour op and wait months on end for your pety 6-7€ a night payment.