We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living in Lindos?

West Midlands
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of living in Lindos?

Hiya,

we're going to Lindos for the first time in September 2014. I was wondering what the prices are for drinking and eating out in general. How much is a large beer/small beer? Bottle of wine/glass of wine or cocktail in the less expensive bars?

Also we are renting a town house with a kitchen so are planning to cook some meals rather than eating out every day. Is there a well stocked supermarket in Lindos and how do prices compare to the UK in general?

Just thought I'd get a handle on how much spending money we need to bring! :)

Grateful for any advice!

Many thanks!

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Up on Krana Dave... past Lindos Gardens, on past Elini Apartments towards the top of the 'loop' near Lindos Blue Sky, you will see the supermarket on the left and the Athena is directly behind it..

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Hi Andy,

Thanks, I know the one, just didn't realise what it was called.

Mental note, must buy cheap plonk when next in Lindos.

Ta,

D.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

I think we will stick with the Ouzo!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Ooh, that's poisonous!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

I spent £1500 in two weeks last year for two of us we found the drinks very expensive not a cheap place at all

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Hello Cherub,

With all due respect, nobody said it was cheap. However, compared to many places it certainly isn't expensive. I budget about £1000 per week for the pair of us. We dine out every night without fail and we can be rather thirsty at times.

Cheap it ain't, that would just encourage the riff raff and thankfully there is very little of that to be found in Lindos.

D.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,803 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Lindos isn't cheap and doesn't market itself as such but £1500 a fortnight equates to less than £54 pp per day. I guess it depends on what you're used to but that doesn't seem outrageous to me.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
979 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Spot on Marcus

Benidorm it aint

We budget £100 a day for the two of us regularly and have never struggled (or come back with much mind) and we eat and drink where we fancy every day

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

Same here. We budget £100 a day and do what we want, don't skimp and always come home with some dosh. Maybe the difference with us is that we don't stay out all night drinking in the bars as we like to go back to our apartment (not too early) and have a few drinks on the terrace, having a chat, looking at the stars and listening to the donkeys in the fields. Heaven. Btw, will be looking out for this white wine.

Denise.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Cost of living in Lindos?

I do like my white wine and rose,wish they sell some cheap cocktails....while we are the subject where can i find the cheapest cocktails in Lindos? thanks